Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

I sure miss parts of the old board such as the "view all" portion and the size of the text. Is...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1460 times

Old 11-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Registered-III

Default View all

I sure miss parts of the old board such as the "view all" portion and the size of the text. Is there any way for me to change these at my end?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2004, 06:31 PM
In Memory Of

Default Re: View all

When you click the first in a thread you got them all, just scrolling down that's all you have to do
Old 11-23-2004, 07:58 AM
Registered-II

I use the Opera web browser. The + and - keys on the number pad can be used to zoom in and out on any web page, zooms text and graphics. The * key is used to return to normal. It is also seems much less susceptible to infection then Microsoft's IE.
It is free if you are willing to put up with an advertising box in the menu bar, or if you send them a little money you can make that go away.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,298 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan r
I sure miss parts of the old board such as the "view all" portion and the size of the text. Is there any way for me to change these at my end?
You can go to your user control panel (UserCP) or (SETTINGS) and "edit options" and under "thread display options" try the different ways.

I chose this bulletin board because it offered threaded displays, such as "hybrid" but I have found that "linear, oldest first" works best for me. That't the default view, but you are welcome to change the way it looks for you. I see that "hybrid" even has a "view all" function.

I also note that you can turn off "avatars" if you don't want to see all the little signs and creatures beside each user's name on a post. Lot's of bells and whistles here that can be turned ON of OFF.

-- Harry