Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Military Motors & Generators, St.Louis area

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1154 times

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39:46 AM
Registered

Default Military Motors & Generators, St.Louis area

New member here, actually live on a farm in Illinois across the river from St.Louis, Missouri, USA. Called "Frosty" by my friends for the last 50+ years. Retired from owning a salvage yard and towing business for 38 years. Have been buying/selling/trading
cars/trucks, M'cycles for last 50 years. Got addicted to gasoline powered stuff at age 13, (56 years ago). The last 15 years I've been buying government surplus items and have lots of generators and NOS gas engines. NOW it is time to slow down and liqudate much of what I collected, keeping only enough "junk" to make life simpler while trying to find time for travel and sitting on the porch when not in the garage!

Main hobbies have been motorcycles (56 years) and BMW cars (30 years)..... now getting fascinated with owning and playing with a couple hit-miss motors that I have a chance to acquire on a trade. That is how I ended up here and look forward to being part of this community!!

Sometimes for extended periods I live in Jamaica, West Indies my adopted home and trying to visit my retired friends who have migrated to Costa Rica another beautiful country that doesn't have the extreme tempatures! Wherever I will be vistiing and living I want to live as "green" as possible and survive comfortably "off the grid". So recycling and alternative power is becoming more of a way of life.

Love meeting like minded folk from all parts of the world and especially any folks here in the Midwest USA . I'll try to visit this board regularly but Email remains my favorite way to communicate with people. Have had this "JamaicaWI@aol.com" Email address since the internet became available to civilians!! Drop a line as I try to answer all whenever me and the ol laptop get within the range of a good highspeed connection. Some times on the rugged south coast of Jamaica or the hills of the Pacific coast in CR that only happens when we hike into a near town

Well I sure got wordy but sometimes that happens when I can't fall back asleep (after gettin' up to take a pee... at least I still get up for that) and it is too early to head out for the new day. So that is favorite time to spend on the PC until I can watch the sun come up, which will be in next half hour.

Maximum respect to all of you that are so much more knowledgable on these motors and when I actually have these motors in hand I'll sure be pestering the board with questions

Helluvadeal, Frosty
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46:40 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,021 Posts
Exclamation Re: Military Motors & Generators, St.Louis area

Welcome to the Stak, Frosty. You may find that you are not the only nightbird to wander the Stak in the wee hours!
Andrew
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29:55 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Military Motors & Generators, St.Louis area

Welcome Frosty, although not quite as "advanced" agewise, seems we had similar paths. I grew up around vintage motorcycles (BMW, Mabeco, Tornax,NSU) and sidecar racing, still driving my vintage 02 bimmer (disco orange color) and got the engine bug while hanging out with a friend here in the US for too long. And yes, long term goal is to retire in Costa Rica as well . Hope our paths cross sometimes.
Tom