Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Vintage Diesel Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Vintage Diesel Engines Fairbanks Morse, Lister, Petter, Witte and other pump injected Diesel oil engines.

Vintage Diesel Engines

petter ac1

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1339 times

Old 03-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Registered

Default petter ac1

Hello, I have 2 Petter ac1 engines and I'm trying to find what year they were manufactured and if they are a series 1 or 2, the info plates have No 52815 & 52819 and rated at 6.5bhp @ 3600rpm on them.
These engines were used to drive a pump to uplift petrol/diesel from underground storage tanks and have been laying around at work for probably 20 years and were due to be thrown in the skip.
Any info on these engines would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Steve.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: petter ac1

Hello Steve,
I did the majority of the development of the Petter AC1 engie during my 20 years at Petters (the last 4 as Lister-Petter). I have no record of the serial numbers to year of manufacture. They were not known as Series 1 and 2 at the time, but the original engine was an indirect injection engine using the Lanova principal and the latter engines had a direct injection system. The indirect engines can be identified by having the injector mounted almost horizontally in the head and covered by the air ducting cowling (originally green). The direct injection engines have the injector mounted almost vertically in the head that are not covered by the cowling (green) unless a sound reduced (black) cowling was fitted. I have retained some data and information about the indirect engines from which I could answer most of any questions you may have. Some of this also applies to the direct injection engines.
Best regards, Alan