Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

hello from washington

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 1270 times

Old 04-10-2012, 11:10:36 PM
Registered

Default hello from washington

hello i'm from marysville wa. I have 2 engins one is a cushman cub which runs a easthope winch, Ialso am working on a wade drag saw. the saw i'm thinking is a wade it has a ser.# and a model # and thats it i'm looking for parts for the clutch ect dose anyone have a good idea. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 01:51:52 AM
Sponsor

Default Re: hello from washington

Welcome to the stack! We can always use more guys on here from Gods Country!It should not be to hard to find parts for your dragsaw.I will look in my bone pile for some wade stuff.Do you know about the Lynden show?Has lots of dragsaws and and other good stuff there every year.Ill get back to you ,Mike.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34:03 AM
Subscriber

Welcome bigbearblacksmith, glad to have you aboard.
I would love to see a pic of your Cushman and the winch, I am a Cushman collector, and would like to see how these engines were used, out in the field? I am taking a guess that this was used in the logging industry and not on the farm?
Bob
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45:41 AM
Registered

thanks bob as far as i can tell is that the winch was originaly used for marine use like pulling a barge up a slough while dredging. but i think it was also used for skylining logging . i have pics and a little video i;ll see if i can post it . big bear

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

thanks for looking and please let me know. as far as lynden goes i love the show. i probally will be blacksmithing at the anacortas show this year and i will bring my cushman hope to see you there
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34:28 PM
Sponsor

We have a blacksmith shop up at the Buckley log show that we open up for the public the 3rd weekend in June.If you would like to join us we have lots of room.my wifes grandpa had the shop at home and worked as a blacksmith for the local loggers.When he passed away 25 years ago the family donated it to the show grounds.Now There is a nice big shop that looks like it would have in a logging camp in the 40s.We fire up the forge and pound on the anvils and really have alot of fun! We also run some of the old 2 man chainsaw and gas engines that the Buckley Historical society owns. If you have an interest in joining us give me a call.mike 360-265-4294
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45:22 PM
Registered-III

Hello to you from Tacoma! do you ever get to the engine shows in Port Orchard?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:39:51 AM
Registered

hello loggerhogger i'm new to the engine show thing i really would like to go when is it and i'll try to make it
Old 05-05-2012, 04:14:32 AM
Sponsor

Hello Bear,
Marysville is near to Bellingham and Bellingham is close to Lynden! We would love to have you come up and join us at Lynden. We also have a Early Day Gas Engine Branch in the Mt. Vernon area. If you would like any more info on EDGE & TA you can find it here http://www.edgeta.com/ We are Branch 26. The group is small and diverse.
Hope to hear from you and others in the area.
Take Care,
Matt
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00:15 PM
Registered

thanks matt my dad and i are planning on attending