Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Indian Trail, NC

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1211 times

Old 05-12-2012, 02:24:43 PM
Registered

Default Hello from Indian Trail, NC

Hello,

My name is Mitch and I'm from Indian Trail, NC.

I'm in the RC airplane hobby and was looking for RC engines on ebay when I came across a Maytag 92 hit and miss engine. I've seen videos of these old engines on Youtube and found them interesting. I did some research on the Maytag and decided to buy it and do a restoration of it.

I'm glad I found this site. I've already found lots of useful information and look forward to reading other peoples projects. I hope my restoration project goes smoothly but it's good to know there are so many knowledgeable people on here that can help out if I hit a troblesome part.

I really enjoy watching these old engines run. Actually I like pulling one of my RC airplane engine off the shelf and run it on the test stand just for the joy of running it so I think I was already inclined to the vintage engine hobby.

Here is a pic of the engine that I got.

Here is a test run of the engine. I used Colman fuel and 30W non-detergant motor oil at 16:1 for fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBA4Nft37Y&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 06:31:30 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Hello from Indian Trail, NC

Welcome to the "Stack". You'll meet a lot of good and knowledgeable folks here.

If you want a "full Indoctrination” with "old iron" don't fail to miss the "old threshers Reunion" at the Denton Farm Park over the 4th of July weekend. http://www.farmpark.com

BTW- good job with the Maytag. I can’t tell if Winnie is barking encouragement or maybe he just doesn’t like old iron. If it’s the latter, you need a new dog .
Old 05-12-2012, 09:32:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hello from Indian Trail, NC

She must have been barking encouragement into the engine because she stopped once it got going.