Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Foothills of North carolina

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 943 times

Old 06-12-2012, 12:20:45 PM
Registered-I

Default Foothills of North carolina

Hello, I'm from a small town in western NC, called Boonville.
I don't generally work on old alot of Older machinery very much til I ran across this 59 simplicity 2w tractor. I have a small garden and every spring had to till my butt off to get deep enough to plant so I bought this tractor to turn the dirt. Well its turned into a pretty neat project and since I had to retire from being a Jeep Mechanic because heart problems....I'm also a former VietNam marine and I'm glad to meet all of you far more experienced older equipment guys....This seems like a wonderful way to keep American knowHow alive and well
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 12:32:01 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Foothills of North carolina

Welcome to SmokStak, you will find great information on here.

Butch Yowell
Old 06-12-2012, 01:25:08 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,329 Times in 807 Posts

Welcome from a former Seabee, and two tour Vietnam Vet. You'll enjoy your time with us.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30:05 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Welcome to the stak from another Mississippi Guy. Bill K
Old 06-14-2012, 12:06:45 PM
Registered-I

Hey Thanks Guys
Welcome home Pat , we did OK after all...I was with the 7th marines around Arizona territory and later near LZ Ross around Que Son mountains...
I have enjoyed my stay here and spent alot of my time reading all the post...There is so much info here.....I'm new at this stuff but I remember alot of it when it was new..
Born in 1950 and seeing some of this stuff brings back alot of memories....I just bought a 1959 simplicity 2w tractor (2 of um) and both motors were locked up from lack of use. The rust bucket had a disc plow and cultivator with it and the good one had a lawn mower (front) attached to it....Don't really have a use for the lawnmower attachment but I have a garden and do or will use the tractor in it....Thanks again Milton