Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps, washers and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

Pump jack value?

If I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize, but I did not see any other place to ask this...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1346 times

Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered-II

Default Pump jack value?

If I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize, but I did not see any other place to ask this question.

I just bought a Myers pump jack and a pump that has a star on it for $60. Everything moves freely and with a few turns the pump actually put out a little water. It is still setting over the well and I have to go get it off this week.

I was just driving by this old farm stead and saw it in their side yard. I took a chance and stopped and asked if I could look it over. The couple went with me down to the well. When I saw thta it still worked I confessed that I didn't know its value, but asked them if they could put a price on it. The lady quickly said that it was at least worth $60 as scrap metal.

My question for you guys, without having the model number, is what is its approximate value? The only thing I know about the pump is that it has a big star on the bottom of it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Pump jack value?

I've sold a few of them in the past. I don't seem to have any problem getting $100-$200 for one. Kinda depends on condition and how bad a guy want's it. It's popular out here for landscapers to build dummy wells and use them for decor. They look pretty cool in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered-II

It really looks like I should have done my research before I bought. I have found some on-line sales brochures for Myers pump jacks that show one similar to the one I am referring to that were set up to be powered by an electric motor. I think these were made during the fifties. This one has a motor on it. I thought that was a retro-fit to bring it up to date. I also thought the pulley was a bit narrow to be powered by a gas engine. Okay, live and learn. At least I got a pump with the deal. I think it may be a Blue Star pump.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered-III

The Blue Star was made by the Wistrand Mfg. Co. in Galva, IL.
They also made the Blue Star Corn Planter.