Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 877 times

Old 09-04-2012, 09:33:41 PM
Registered

Default Hello

My name is Matt and I just wanted to say hi. I'm looking for info on Case, or Allis Chalmers tractors. My oldest son and I are working on a 39 Case DC that I picked up that was partially tore apart. It hadn't run in 13 years but luckily was inside. The gentleman that had it put it on blocks to start working on it and there is sat. We hauled it home and started work. The gas was aweful. We got it running, although alittle rough. Waiting on carb kit to see if that helps. Does anyone have suggestions for good Case books or info sources to put this tractor back to original. Wiring was a mess ( and there isn't much to mess up ) and fuel lines. It has double tank for distillate, and petcock, but no lines. Not familiar with this setup ( special carb?) it just runs on gas now. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30:33 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts
Default Re: Hello

Hi welcome to the stak. Fuel oil used to cost a lot less than gas. They used to be started on gasoline, thus the smaller tank. then when it got warmed up you could change it over to another fuel that was cheaper. you can just put gas in the larger tank then start and run it of gas. The last button on the right at the top of the page says sponsors. Click on it and it will take you to the sponsors page. Several of them should be able to help you with manuals. I buy a manual for almost every piece of old iron I get. Bill K

Post your question on the tractor forum then look at the bottom of the page and there should be a list of other post related to yours. This can be a very good source of information.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14:46 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hello

Thanks for the input. I will post under tractors and go from there.