Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron.

Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks

10-20 Mogul at auction in Ohio yesterday.

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 2324 times

Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,036 Times in 347 Posts
Photo 10-20 Mogul at auction in Ohio yesterday.

Some friends and I went to the East Rochester farm auction to see the 1918 one family owner tractor sell, it went for $23,500.00 as best as I could determine the final comments. A couple issues but nothing huge. A pleasure to see one as if time stood still.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20120929_123709.jpg   IMG_20120929_112841.jpg   IMG_20120929_123620.jpg   IMG_20120929_123633.jpg  
Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Engine Buyer

Thanked 3,215 Times in 497 Posts
Default Re: 10-20 Mogul at auction in Ohio yesterday.

That's me under it in the second picture! If there was one less bid it would have been mine. It was funny to listen to the people before it sold tell how much they thought it was worth. IHC offered to trade a new $200K tractor for it a while back according the one fellow. Another stated there was a bid on it from the Ukraine.

I want to buy your engines, especially rare ones! http://www.sideshaft.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Rozevink For This Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Subscriber

Listening to people talk before a piece sells is always interesting. I remember a couple of weeks ago when I bought a 16-30 Rumely at an estate sale, the talk around the sale was of at least "two men with blank checks who came to buy it no matter what it brought . . ." and, yet I ended up with it. Others only wanted to talk about every discernible defect, no matter how small, as though that would somehow keep the sale price at a level they could afford to pay. I found all of it amusing.

So much talk at an auction is just that . . . talk. The only talk that matters is the chatter of the auctioneer and the final bidder.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Registered-II

I'm glad to hear you have "Pre Auction Know All's" in the US too! We have them in the UK, installed at every vintage auction!
The tractor looks to be at a lovely stage for restoration. Did someone get a good deal here or what?
Anyone see what the Mogul serial number was?
Harry
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 3,322 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Henderson View Post
I'm glad to hear you have "Pre Auction Know All's" in the US too! We have them in the UK, installed at every vintage auction!
The tractor looks to be at a lovely stage for restoration. Did someone get a good deal here or what?
Anyone see what the Mogul serial number was?
Harry
Harry, the auction listing gave it as BC6717, but it would be nice to have this confirmed by someone who was at the sale.

David
The Following User Says Thank You to David Parfitt For This Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered-II

Smile Re: 10-20 Mogul at auction in Ohio yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Best View Post
Listening to people talk before a piece sells is always interesting. I remember a couple of weeks ago when I bought a 16-30 Rumely at an estate sale, the talk around the sale was of at least "two men with blank checks who came to buy it no matter what it brought . . ." and, yet I ended up with it. Others only wanted to talk about every discernible defect, no matter how small, as though that would somehow keep the sale price at a level they could afford to pay. I found all of it amusing.

So much talk at an auction is just that . . . talk. The only talk that matters is the chatter of the auctioneer and the final bidder.
cash talks

bullshit walks
The Following User Says Thank You to ozfarm For This Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rozevink View Post
That's me under it in the second picture! If there was one less bid it would have been mine. It was funny to listen to the people before it sold tell how much they thought it was worth. IHC offered to trade a new $200K tractor for it a while back according the one fellow. Another stated there was a bid on it from the Ukraine.
Jon,
You should have bought it...that would have looked good putting around the property.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Edwin

Who know's how high this guy would have gone..sometimes you think you almost got it ,only to find out the guy had alot more cash than you did in you pocket that day.Nice tractor im sure it will make someone happy,not sure i would ever pay that much for a tractor,but it is a rare one.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,303 Posts

Unfortunately these higher prices these days are a two edged sword,good if your selling but it also prevents us lower income (non millionaire) collectors from getting any of the better pieces. Always the same story no matter how much money I have at a sale there's always people there with more and they ain't afraid to use it. F.J.W.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FWurth For This Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWurth View Post
Unfortunately these higher prices these days are a two edged sword,good if your selling but it also prevents us lower income (non millionaire) collectors from getting any of the better pieces. Always the same story no matter how much money I have at a sale there's always people there with more and they ain't afraid to use it. F.J.W.
FWurth i have just managed to buy my self a Mogul 10/20 over here in the U.K. & i am far from well off. I was not easy to pay for but i did it. You just need the get up & got to have it in you. Now it is in the shed next to my Titan & Oil Pull that where all hard work to pay for.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Watson For This Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,955 Times in 691 Posts

Nice tractor and well worth the money I think!

Tricky Dickie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard Sturdy For This Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Watson View Post
FWurth i have just managed to buy my self a Mogul 10/20 over here in the U.K. & i am far from well off. I was not easy to pay for but i did it. You just need the get up & got to have it in you. Now it is in the shed next to my Titan & Oil Pull that where all hard work to pay for.
Agreed Kevin, thats how I have managed to get the ones we have as well. These days we just have to choose our projects wisely F.J.W.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FWurth For This Post: