Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

old parts

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1293 times

Old 01-02-2013, 11:56:30 PM
Registered

Exclamation old parts

I have bugged several people on here and I think I found I know I found a honey 10 mint. for my house. the parts house that never sold out and never got rid of there old stock. I spent the day turning over rocks looking for parts for a Clinton engine and a parts house I used to get that hard to find parts on the flat head 8's and parts the brand names didn't carry any more is still open and he went to the back and brought out brand new coils and points and cod said "which one you got" I liked to have fell out of course I didn't have mine so im going back with mine the part house has been there since the 20' 30' heck they still have paper tickets and account you can pay on. he even brought out a piece to a hit and miss jumbo something he said this fit a motor that went on a mixer. if I can help let he know it is right down the street. really just ask and I will ask
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27:36 AM
Email NOT Working

Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,016 Posts
Default Re: old parts

That's pretty neat! Ask him if he has a muffler for a Gilson Johnny on the Spot please.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35:41 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Hi dosher. Welcome to the stak. I am also in Mississippi and get down to the coast 2 or 3 times a year. We have had some talk about having an engine show down on the coast. Bill K
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16:17 AM
Subscriber

I am looking for a mixer for a 2 1/2 bulldog it comes off the top of the head and is about 8" long. Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03:24 PM
Registered

ok im getting my coil and stuff together and will write some of this stuff down and if I post there number just don't get thrown off they are old school parts house with NO COMPUTER SYSTEM and they are all family that has been running the place for god only knows how long. but I am will to help out anyone that I can I am new at this and want to make a nice hobby for me and my son "I think I more into it hehehe" don't tell my wife lololol

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

hey well I have heard they have a guy that does a little demo of some hit and miss at a event near me once a year at what they call old fashion day. but it is hard to find anyone around here that does it. but let me know and I will do what I can to help they have a big too do on old cars but im burn out building hotrods been doing that since I could turn a wrench in my dad's shop. which he has 5 project going on gto forty ford a 29 ford and a couple real steel chevy's but im moving away from the hotrod stuff and so I can teach my son the basic.
The Following User Says Thank You to dosher101 For This Post:
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42:49 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

If you can find out anything about old fassion day, dates or location, let us know.Bill K
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24:57 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosher101 View Post
I have bugged several people on here and I think I found I know I found a honey 10 mint. for my house. the parts house that never sold out and never got rid of there old stock. I spent the day turning over rocks looking for parts for a Clinton engine and a parts house I used to get that hard to find parts on the flat head 8's and parts the brand names didn't carry any more is still open and he went to the back and brought out brand new coils and points and cod said "which one you got" I liked to have fell out of course I didn't have mine so im going back with mine the part house has been there since the 20' 30' heck they still have paper tickets and account you can pay on. he even brought out a piece to a hit and miss jumbo something he said this fit a motor that went on a mixer. if I can help let he know it is right down the street. really just ask and I will ask
ask him if he has any parts for a le roi model mh engine i need a head gasket and piston rings and a exhaust valve
thanks
Randy
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54:37 PM
Registered

ok I got kicked off the site for several hour, is ok for me to put that info out about the parts house on here. I got a nasty gram from the service and it took me this long to get back on. and I will find out and I just wanted to help people out with parts im not selling them just found a place that might have some.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dosher101 For This Post: