Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New / old guy in Minnesota

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 881 times

Old 05-11-2013, 08:59:21 PM
Subscriber

Default New / old guy in Minnesota

Hello everyone, I guess I should apologize for not introducing myself sooner. I've been a member here since 2010, but have spent all of my time here reading. Never posted until today.... didn't realize that until I made my post and it said that my number of posts was 1 !!! So, I thought I should at least introduce myself.

I have great interest in old tractors, both gas and steam, and in old heavy equipment, particularly dozers. But, due to limited space and budget I stick with model engineering. I've had the itch to get this going for many years, but have finally started purchasing equipment in just the last few years and currently have a 10" lathe and a small Clausing mill as well as some supporting equipment like power hacksaw, drill press, bench grinder, etc. Thanks to experience in the past with all of that sort of machinery, I do not have to spend a bunch of time learning machine shop practices, but instead can work on creating models.

I try to spend more time in the shop than on the computer, thus my lack of postings over the years. Hopefully I can change that a bit as time goes on. I still work full time, not fortunate enough to be retired yet, but I do what I can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to terrywerm For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58:57 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: New / old guy in Minnesota

Terry,
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget that the 2013 Scale Model Show will be at the Scott Carver Threshers show in Jordan this year. I hope to see you there!

Jim in Minnesota
Old 05-12-2013, 09:59:02 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Welcome to the world of posting. You will find it a lot of fun. Bill K
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43:10 PM
Subscriber

QuickJ, I live in Jordan, just up the road from SCOT. I had no idea that they were hosting the Model Show this year, but I am glad to know it now, so thanks for posting!! I would have found out by chance as I hit the SCOT show and the LeSueur Pioneer Power show every year, but knowing ahead of time is a good thing!

Oldproff, I am not new to posting, as I am quite active in a hobby machinist forum, I just have not been very active here, but do plan to change that! Thanks for the welcome!