Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hillbilly Haulers and Moonshiner Runners

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1631 times

Old 05-22-2013, 09:19:58 AM
Registered

Default Hillbilly Haulers and Moonshiner Runners

Hey All,
New to the forum. Residing smack dab in the middle of hillbilly central - ARKANSAS. Arkansas River outside my front door and a mess of rusty tin in my backyard.

Building a couple of Hillbilly Haulers and maybe even a Moonshine Runnner (prostreet) eventually. I got a classic 350 sbc on a motor stand waiting patiently for its turn but I have a couple of 235 inline sixers that are currently in use. And my latest drag home has a 24 bolt flattie.

1937 ford pickup with a 24 bolt flattie has my attention at the moment like a high school crush.

A 235 running 1946 Chevy pickup (1941-46 body style) also known as a jukebox or art deco due to the grill. Is taking up space in my G-rodge. While a 1934 plymouth 2 suicide door grows impatient with me. It was dragged outta the logging woods full of shotgun holes and squirrel ack-orns. Theres a couple more my wife calls em Yard Ornaments...

Lastly I have a weakness for ElectoMechanical Pinballs - them old pins with wooden score reels and cloth covered wire. The sound of a EM pin is way cooler than them New Style. I have a couple including a wedgehead Gottelieb for 1960 sumtin.

Yall jump in the truck and cover over for BBQ and a swim in the pond when you get a chance.

Dean and Carla
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dinokruzordinance For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24:42 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,528 Times in 3,164 Posts
Default Re: Hillbilly Haulers and Moonshiner Runners

Welcome aboard the Stak.

Kinda partial to the 37 Ford trucks myself, but enjoy the other makes and models as well.

Can't have too many of them yard ornaments (in spite of what the neighbors may say about them).

Pro-Street 'Shine Runner' sounds interesting, though trying to picture it, I'm guessing maybe more along the lines of Pro-Touring than Pro-Street. Pro-Street may be a bit squirrly in the curves for runnin' shine.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:48:54 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts
Default Re: Hillbilly Haulers and Moonshiner Runners

Hi welcome to the stak. I am interested all your stuff. I am mostly into 1 cylinder flywheel engines at this time. but i do have a 86 jimmy shaved and customed with a 350 4bolt main fuel injected with a rad street roller cam.Still have more work to do on this one. Bill K