Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Speeder Engines

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1003 times

Old 07-21-2013, 12:11:16 PM
Registered

Default Speeder Engines

Hi, my names Vernon and I'm VERY new to this hobby, but anxious to become heavily involved.
Mt granddad was a section gang leader on the A&EC railroad and I grew up hearing his Speeder run back and forth.
I want to locate and get a Speeder type engine running and am looking for sources of information and suggestions as to which model might be most easily located, repaired, and cost effective to purchase.
Leads on engines also appreciated. I have machine tools etc. to make parts so even incomplete engines may be of interest. I am in North Carolina and have a truck that can go at least 1000 miles w/o getting home sick.
Thanks for any help you may be able to give!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26:52 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Speeder Engines

http://www.railspeeders.com

http://www.railserve.com/Motorcars_Speeders

Jim
Old 07-21-2013, 01:52:10 PM
Subscriber

You are in luck. You have one of the very top guys,in regard to rail speeders & fairmont engines, in the country located in your state.His name is Carey Boney, located in Wallace,N.C. If you Google his name, just as I spelled it, his contact info. will all come up. I have 2 Fairmont engines, an RQ & a QH....I must say they are different.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:16:03 PM
Registered

The links lead to a large list of places I can go to at least HEAR then run, but I still want to own one -- Were all the engines reversible two strokes?