Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New member from middle TN

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 856 times

Old 08-24-2013, 11:16:26 AM
Registered

Default New member from middle TN

Hello. I'm new to the forum & it looks like a wealth of info. I currently have a 1944 John Deere model B tractor but I'm in the market for my first hit & miss. I want one to play around with and maybe build an ice cream maker or something. I've found a 1 1/2 hp Witte for sale locally. I'm told it runs well fast or slow. I understand that this is a throttle governed engine. Is this a good engine to start with and what are some things I should look for when in the market for an engine. Thanks- Nate
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30:01 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: New member from middle TN

hello nate my first flywheel engine was a witte nice little engines but on the two ive owned the advance retard lever was worn and would walk all over and change timing while running not too fun cause i always had to be there to put it back but not a big deal ive seen people fix that with a rubber band and if you are looking for a first engine look at youtube videos and see if you like the sound of hit and miss or throttlers more and find one complete its alot easier that way than hunting for parts sometimes a magneto is worth more than the whole engine oh and welcome to the stak