Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Walk Back In Time, Mexico, Missouri

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1665 times

Old 09-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered-I

Default Walk Back In Time, Mexico, Missouri

Walk Back In Time September 27, 28, and 29. Mexico, MO

A family friendly event of living history portraying centuries of American History in a unique timeline. Have some gas engines and tractors on display on grounds. Anyone is welcome to bring a steam, gas engine or tractor display. Pioneer, civil war, military camps of US, German and Russian acting roles of the time. Many other things to enjoy. Free admission, free parking. Park anywhere and walk in anywhere. For more info go to.

http://www.audrain.org/wbit.aspx

http://www.audrain.org/pdf/WBIT2013tab.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to antenna:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,392 Posts
Default Re: Walk Back In Time, Mexico, MO

Interesting reading on the websites you put on Mike, the Hampton side of the family (grandmas) had a huge plantation before the civil war In Audrain Co, Mom has researched it and it was from 3,500 + acres, but lost it in and after the war between the states, the Hampton,s come from Va. Beach, Va. area originally , actually that was the plantation, and goes back to 1641. Might nose around there and see if I can find anymore than Mom has.. Thanks
Old 09-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Walk Back In Time, Mexico, Missouri

A no go at Mexico. Thursday, Scotty had one load of engines set up on the ground and was going to get another load. While setting up the canopy a man pulls up on golf cart and said they moved the cars and tractors five blocks south to a pasture around the horse barn. No shade, remote area, one porta-pottie, won't be hardly any spectators leaving the main grounds traveling to horse barn area, no security at night. They think you can row the engines out like a rug at 10AM and load up at 4PM if you are worried about security. We run our engines from around 8AM to maybe 8PM if there is lighting and a crowd. They don't set idle very long during a show but they moved every one off the main grounds. All of our engines was loaded back up went home. When things have been going great at a show for years, a light comes on in someones head and they have a better idea and go and screw everything up by trying to reinvent the wheel.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered-II

Did they hire the Boonville people to run Mexico's show?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,392 Posts

I sent you a PM Mike I ended up going to Jacksonville Ill show, seen the rain was going to come in and thought I would have at least one good day, and went there Fri morning they had a good show , started blowing and getting dark today, I missed the rain until I was just backing into the shed tonight right at sunset. Glad I didn't buzz back to Mexico that is what my game plan was I had in mind. Until Mom told me what the weather was going to do this morning........
Old 09-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered-I

Hi Rich, Jacksonville has a good show with a lot of room and buildings with the grounds that they have. They can expand a lot if they want and no worry about property. Family had been going there for decades. I think dad used to go over and help on weekends with some of the original people in beginning of show. Stopped going because of dogs banned from grounds. Not much goes on after 5 PM. Kinda like everyone disappears till next morning.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered-I

About 10AM a official with the event came down to the horse barn and told everyone to bring the cars and tractors back to their original place at the main show. The cars moved back but the tractors stayed. The two cars were gone from show in about two hours because of rain. This is a good event to attend but their actions on Thursday ruined it for us with the engines.