Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Howdy Y'all from Southern Miss!

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 797 times

Old 04-04-2014, 09:39:34 PM
Registered

Question Howdy Y'all from Southern Miss!

Greetings Smokstakkers! Brand new "Babyboomer" member here from Hattiesburg The Hub in South Mississippi...I am particularly interested in the History of the internal combustion engine from 1860 to 1900...Also, I want to discuss & learn more asap re the "hybrid" car that I am most interested in for the Future: Electric-Steam cars. (Which I understand there is a practical prototype in Chicago, but which is being suppressed. Amyway I like the idea of riding around all week on free water from any hydrant and a gallon of Coleman fuel! Lol)...Finally, 2 Questions: (1) I owned a milestone 1953 Buick Skylark "Golden Anniversary" Convertible for 10 years from 1973 to 1983 (from the age of 16 to 26), which I sold to a gentleman from Long Island, New York. I've lost all detailed info re the transaction, so how would I go about possibly learning the current whereabouts of that specific car now??...(2) From about 1975 to about 2000 I owned an early American power lawnmower of the brand/make "Hurricane". (It was a gift out of New Orleans.) I always thought it was around a 1948 model (I think it had a 14 inch blade), but is it possible to confirm the exact year of production? THANKS Friends & Godspeed.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05:21 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,996 Times in 1,287 Posts
Default Re: Howdy Y'all from Southern Miss!

On your Skylark, I assume you don't have the VIN? If you can somehow get it (see if you can find any old insurance info, go to the ins agency to see if they have any old records, etc) then it wont be hard to track down it's last location. Some states allow you to access records online. Otherwise you could have a police agency run the VIN for you. It will tell you who is the current or last owner of the vehicle (if it's been junked).
The Following User Says Thank You to LCJudge For This Post: