Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New guy from Houston.

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 848 times

Old 07-17-2014, 10:16:35 AM
Registered

Default New guy from Houston.

Been a long time lurker/follower for a couple of the boards here. Some of vintage collections here are just fantastic as well as the wealth of knowledge available and so freely shared. Found this site while websearching information on a vintage Onan generator set as it related to my work. I'm a 20yr industrial generator tech with experience in most major manufacturers and some not so major. So anything dated earlier than about 30yrs, periodically even I have to seek out the experts found here. I have a lot of experience in industrial generators and related controls ranging from 15kw to 2.5mw. But when it comes to the smaller portable units like from the home improvement stores, I'm lost, lol. A really different animal... Anyway, I always answer PM's so if anyone here has any generator related questions, fire away. I haven't seen it all, but in 20+ yrs , I've seen a lot and can be surprisingly hard to stump. This site is a motorheads nirvana.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pg542 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2014, 06:10:51 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,076 Times in 951 Posts
Default Re: New guy from Houston.

Welcome to the Stak. I'm sure your expertise will be welcome. I myself would welcome an ongoing discussion about newer, non-Onan or Kohler generators, as that is what I mostly use myself, although I do own a Kohler 4.5CM21RV I'm working on bringing on line. (Converting from an RV style to a wheeled cart stand alone.)
What I mostly use however are 1200 Watt region imports. The primary reason for that is they will run all day on a small tank of gas. I live totally off grid on a fixed income, so such things are particularly important to me. Anyway, wecome aboard.
Doc
The Following User Says Thank You to Thaumaturge For This Post: