Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats

New York Safety Steam Engine

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2040 times

Old 02-05-2003, 04:59 PM
D.P.

Default New York Safety Steam Engine

Looking for information on a New York Safety Steam Engine. I have pictures of the engine and would like to know more about the original color scheme and how this engine was used. I don't know if this is marine engine or a stationary configuration. Any information would be appreciated. Also if you have any pictures of this type of engine I would sure like to see them. I could e-mail the pictures since I do not have a picture link. Thanks Dieter
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Jim Mackessy

Default Re: New York Safety Steam Engine

Dieter;

Check out the link posted in my reply about B.W. Payne to the New England Wireless and Steam Museum. Click on "pictures and information on engines in our collection" and scroll down to the New York Safety Steam Engine link and click there. Enjoy! Jim M.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
D.P.

Does any one out there own a New York Safety Steam Engine? I would like to see some pictures of other stationary bottle shaped engines from this manufacturer.

Thanks Dieter
Old 02-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Thomas Winland

I have one but don't have any pics at this time and is disassembled at the this time.

Tom Winland Ohio
Old 03-11-2003, 12:49 AM
R Helin

I have an NYSSP vertical engine (9 in. stroke x 7 inch bore) that I'm just beginning to restore to working order. I would also like to exchange photos, observations, etc. I haven't been able to find out much about this engine (which apparently arrived in southern California in the 1880s).
Old 12-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,195 Posts

I just brought home a New York Safety Steam Engine which I bought 25 years ago for a friend who has died. I can send pictures later.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Mine is a vertical without a governor.

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgi...l.aspx?id=6200