Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

onan generator/welder

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4230 times

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 12:57 AM
Scott Davis

Default onan generator/welder

I have an old onan generatorwelder, it ia an opposed two cylinder gas engine the only numbers i could find are, 170-1542 on the manifold. i'm assuming thats a part number. on the cover under the starting instructions and spark plug gap specs it has the number 98A1372. Under the fine control adjustment for the welder it has 99C1122.It runs good produces power and welds ok i would like to know what kind of power output it has and what the rpm should be set at for 120 V power speed and for welding. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2001, 09:04 PM
Joseph Turrisi

Default Re: onan generator/welder

If you check some of the earlier onan post you will find a phone number for onan this is a good place to start. Are both the engine and the welder made by onan or just the engine only. I have a welder/gererator with an onan engine and a marquette welder the rpm for my unit is 3000 for welding and 1800 for AC power. It sounds to me from what info you posted that you have a cck series engine the different series were cck,ccka,cckb. If i am correct the only thing to change among these was the HP but dont take my word for it. I hope this helps you sometimes it can be hard to find info on onan products.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:45 AM
Russ Hughes

Default Re: onan generator/welder

The 1800 RPM rating would seem to indicate a four pole alternator for 60 CPS. The other practical speed would be 3600 for a two pole alternator. A more elderly unit might even run at 1200 RPM, or even 900 RPM.
Closed Thread