New Server!
Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

conversion of lincoln welder

Hi guys, I have a lincoln 200 amp welder powered by a wisconsin vf4. Is there any way two convert...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 4268 times

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 09:46 PM
chuck cleveland

Default conversion of lincoln welder

Hi guys, I have a lincoln 200 amp welder powered by a wisconsin vf4. Is there any way two convert the genny to put out 110v A.C. to use for the house? Is there any way to still use the welder and get 110V A.C. to run an angle grinder or other tools? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2003, 02:52 PM
ken hill

Default Re: conversion of lincoln welder

Hello, I saw your advert on the web and i am intrested in your SPRK-ARCS Generator and Light plant Bulletin Board although i`d like to see some pics of the set and if im satisfied with what i see,i can assure you that I am ready to pay as soon as you propose a price. If my offer is okay kindly reply back, so that we can discuss about the payment and shipping,you can contact me via email I am based in Amsterdam REGARDS

ken hill
Old 10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Franz

Isn't that an interesting response to the posting. I wonder if he's going to offer to send a cashiers check for more than the asking price, and have his local agent in the US arrange shipping, and would you please wire him the surplus funds from the purchase.

Re the Lincoln, most likely it can't be rewired to power a house since it has a commutator rather than slip rings, and is built to produce around 35 volts. Older Lincolns are pure DC machines, and the limited DC power available at the plug on the machine is produced by the exciter.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:31 PM
chuck cleveland

Thanks for the info. I picked up this set for $70.00. The engine had both heads removed, one bent valve, and a broken piston. But I received $30.00 worth of new parts with it and have located the rest for approx $120.00. I'm going out to do some more work on it later. Do you think there is any chance of finding a 110v powerhead to fit this engine? Thanks again, chuck
Closed Thread