Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Lifting and Loading
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Lifting and Loading Fork lifts, tow motors, jacks and hoists.

Lifting and Loading

Pettibone/Mercury GS-30 forklift

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 3885 times

Old 08-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,718 Times in 999 Posts
Default Pettibone/Mercury GS-30 forklift

I need the engine compartment shrouds for my Pettibone/Mercury GS-30 (3,000#)fork lift. I need both the right and left side covers. I'll take one if you have one, or both.

I just had the hydraulic pump fixed and the fork controls work like new . No one knows where the pumps internal pressure plate spring dissappeared to . What a job taking it out and putting it back in a few times. The rebuilder put the vane ring in backwards . Normal operation is clockwise, but the pump in this application runs counter clockwise and it was even marked that way on the housing . No extra charge, except I had to go back a few times to get it right. I had to remove the entire clutch assembly including the clutch plate, drop one of the controlling hydraulic cylinders and disconnect the hoses each time . Sure was a lot of room to work in . In the process, I removed a few broken off flush bolts from it's previous life. What a oily dirty mess, but it's all done and cleaned up and now I'm on "BREAK" . THANKS-Paul

Sponsored Links