Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

An Engine DOWN UNDER

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1983 times

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:16:12 PM

Thanked 17,706 Times in 5,300 Posts
Default An Engine DOWN UNDER

A friend in New Zealand sent me this today and here's what he had to say:

I just got back inside from cranking up the big Ackroyd and its just after midnight Jan 1 2005.
How about posting one of these photos at Harry's on smoke-stack?
Short of some other nutty Kiwi getting out and cranking up to the East of me I'm the first engine Nut to start any vintage engine for 2005 in the entire world Yep!! NZ is 17 hours ahead of the US sorry to say guy's... so your Toooo late..
The engine is Hornsby Ackroyd # 9331 of 6-1/2 hp made in Grantham England in 1905 so this will be it's centenary year also... cool ah!.
OK time for sleep may be you should get out there and start that 30-60 S at the stroke of midnight your time? But then maybe not..... it's probably 30 below and you cant even see the shed let alone get to it?

Well, it WASN'T -30 but the only things I started were the computer and the coffee pot!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07339.JPG   DSC07341.JPG  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2005, 06:54:45 PM
Registered-III

Smile Re: An Engine DOWN UNDER

Craig, those guys down under sure like to rub it in. Personally, I didn't even stay up until midnight and you know what? Saturday was no different than Friday. Have a Happy New Year and remember, it's going to get warmer later on. Dick in the cool and damp Finger Lake Region of New York State.
Closed Thread