Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

FM Z 6HP Value?

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1913 times

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 01:21:36 PM
Registered-II

Default FM Z 6HP Value?

Recently my adventures took me on a road that I have not been on for many years, while on that road I noticed a FM Z 6hp in a yard about 2 miles from home. I stopped and asked if it was ok to walk into their yard to get a closer look at it. They said that was fine and that it was running a few years ago. Taking a closer look at it I could see where it had been welded up in a few places and it is now ceased up.
I’m thinking of making him an offer for it, what would be a reasonable amount to pay for it.
Thank you
Ken Adamson
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2005, 05:56:08 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: FM Z 6HP Value?

Hi Ken, it Appears on this Board that Folks are afraid of Questions Like this , BUT i'm not...personally I wouldn't Pay more than $2-250.00 maybe 3.. if it's all there, 'Cause You NEVER know what You'll run into. Might end up being a asket case.. Larry
Old 01-04-2005, 11:18:58 AM
Registered-II

Default FM Z 6HP Value?

Thanks Larry,
Here in this part of Oregon we get a lot of rain and damp weather and if something is left outside it better be well lubricated or it rust really fast. About this time last year I drug two engines out of the briers and put them in my shop and have been attempting to free them since then, with some luck. So, I hear you about not knowing what a person might get into.
Thanks again
Ken
Old 01-04-2005, 12:35:18 PM
Subscriber

A 6 hp Z was for sale at the Shelton, WA show last summer and the asking was, I think, $750. It had a magneto, but may have needed a crankguard. It was a runner and sold sometime that day for ?? .
Old 01-04-2005, 01:41:14 PM
Monty

Ken, I have had several 6 hp Z's and it all depends on what is there and what is gone. If it has a mag that is a couple hundred and a crank guard is at least a hundred as I have not found any one who makes a good one aftermarket. They sell here in the Puget Sound area for 600 -950 again depending on the options and condition. Look it over good, I am very sure that it is worth 300 Good Luck M
Closed Thread