Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

How do I get started showing my engines?

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2887 times

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:15:08 PM
Subscriber

Default How do I get started showing my engines?

Well, I finally have a couple running engines that I feel comfortable showing, and hopefully will have a couple more that will be ready by spring. I usually attend (as a spectator) a couple local shows a year, plus one fairly large one (SE Old Threshers Reunion in Denton, N.C.). I never thought to ask while I was at any of them. How does one get permission/sign up to show stuff? What is the ettiquette involved if you are not a member of the sponsoring club/organization?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2005, 07:35:16 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: How do I get started showing my engines?

It's always good to here of someone wanting to show there stuff, It is nice to have all this stuff to play with but sharing it makes it so much more fun. At the shows I attend most of the hosts are very gracious and if you stop by the clubs tent or booth all you need to do is sign up and they are glad to have you regardless of club affiliation. I can only speak for the shows which I attend but I feel confidant that you will find basically the same thing around your area.

Get out and show'em off!!!

Denny
Old 01-03-2005, 08:05:28 PM
Email NOT Working

A few things to think about to show your engines are proper fencing for your engines for safety sake, a fire extinguisher, a shade canopy, a card table and some chairs, a placard to describe your engines, a few tools and parts,extra gas and a smile. Have fun and talk with people.Find a person with the organization, introduce yourself and as them for directions about where to set up, where to park vehicles and let the guideyou to what they will expect. All of the shows I have gone to everone seems to be more than helpful so all can have a good time. Hope that it does not rain

Bob Out west on the high dessert
Old 01-03-2005, 11:23:40 PM
Registered-I

Come and join us in the end of July. You are welcome at our show any time! We would be happy to have you. You don't need to do anything but show up. We give a plaque, ribbon and button to each exhibitor. See our website for more information. We are from Boone, NC. I don't know where Apex is. E-mail if you want or need more information. http://www.oldengine.org/members/carolina
Old 01-04-2005, 04:05:28 PM
Subscriber

One thing you'll need is the Farm Collectors Show Guide. They list a contact for each show. If you have any questions about the show you can always contact that person, best not to wait until the week before the show. Club members can be quite busy setting up then.

Most shows I've displayed at you just show up, find a club member or look for your own open space and set up. If you have any doubts about where to set up you can always park and walk around for a few minutes asking questions.

I've only been denied space at one show and I haven't been back since.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:01:08 PM
Registered-II

I'm glad you're ready to show off your hard work. I live near Denton and have shown there before. Just drive up whichever day you want to show, get in line,register at the booth,go park and have a blast showing off that old iron!!

Mike
Closed Thread