Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Coolsprings???

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1625 times

Old 02-26-2005, 02:17:12 PM
Subscriber

Default Coolsprings???

When are the shows at Coolsprings this year? Do they have a spring and fall show? What city is near the Coolsprings show. I have never been and was thinking on going.

Thanks Fellas
Denny
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2005, 02:35:39 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Coolsprings???

They are the third weekend in June and october Brookville is on route 80 in is 10 to 15 miles from Coolspring about 80 miles north east of Youngstown Ohio. Keven
Old 02-26-2005, 03:56:17 PM
Registered-III

The Show in June, is the 16-18 and the Featured Engine is Fairbanks Morse, which is the main reason I am going this year.
http://www.coolspringpowermuseum.org/calendar.html
here is the link to the offical site
~Jonathan
Old 02-27-2005, 12:33:32 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,379 Times in 454 Posts

My twin brother, nephew and his 17 year old son and I made our first trip to Coolsprings last October. The weather was cool and rainy but what a show and museum. We will be back in June and recommend it highly. We left Coolsprings and traveled all the way east on RT 80 and visited the Blue Mountain, Jacktown show near Bangor Pa the same weekend on Sunday . They have a great flea market and exhibit area in October. You can also go west on Rt 80 and visit the guys at Hit and Miss Enterprises just across the border in Ohio.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:19:59 AM
Subscriber

Because we are so far away, I figure that a trip back to see a big show back east will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. So, the big question is, what one?

I'd really like to see the engines at the Coolsprings museum, especially the Otto-Langen, but I hear so much about the Portland, Indiana, show being the biggest there is.

For those of you who have been to both, which of the two would you recommend?

Seeing as how this is Portland's 40th anniversary year, will this year's show be better than the rest?

Thanks,

Orrin
(In far away Washington State)
Old 02-27-2005, 10:08:52 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,379 Times in 454 Posts

Another great show is The Rough & Tumble, Old Threshermans reunion at Kinser PA about 15 miles east of Lancaster on Rt 30. They have great outdoor displays , events, tractor pulls, steam train rides for the kids.

They also have several large barns filled with about 100 large operating stationary gas engines. Their operating stationary steam engine display is larger than any I have seen in the east.

Their show is August 14 -17 this year. I'll be there again.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:14:05 PM
eMail NOT Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin
Because we are so far away, I figure that a trip back to see a big show back east will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. So, the big question is, what one?

I'd really like to see the engines at the Coolsprings museum, especially the Otto-Langen, but I hear so much about the Portland, Indiana, show being the biggest there is.

For those of you who have been to both, which of the two would you recommend?

Seeing as how this is Portland's 40th anniversary year, will this year's show be better than the rest?

Thanks,

Orrin
(In far away Washington State)
I am a member in both clubs and go to Portland everyyear(twice-spring & summer) and try to make Coolspring every year also. Both are very good shows. Portland no doubt is the biggest in the country and has a very large swap area. As far as the which show attracts the rarest and oldest engines I would give the nod to Coolspring and also the quality of engines in the museum. I would sugest you do one this year and the other next year. You will not be dissapointed in either choice. I will add one more thing, Coolspring is strictly engines and does have a nice sized swap area. Portland has tractors, steamers, cars antique dealers ect.