Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Need help, guys

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1406 times

Old 02-28-2005, 04:49:40 PM
Registered-III

Default Need help, guys

Hey, I need help. Got hit with a worm and don't know what to do. I don't want to e-mail any of my friends here because I don't know if it will be passed on. It comes up on instant messenger as "worm/zusha.B". How do I get rid of this thing, evidently it went right by my anti-virus program. If you can help me, please do so on here, or send me an e-mail. I won't respond to anyone until I know this can't be passed on. Thanks, David.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2005, 04:58:45 PM
Administrator

Thanked 9,022 Times in 1,484 Posts
Default Re: Need help, guys

Must be a new one.

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/...?virusid=60750
Old 02-28-2005, 05:43:49 PM
Registered-III

Hi Harry, I just scanned my system again after updating and it picked it up and I put it in the vault (it's only been a week since my last update). Now when going onto instant messenger it no longer shows up. And after scanning again after putting it in the vault I can now get on instant messenger without the warning coming up. Can I assume the virus has been isolated and it is now safe to e-mail? And will a virus that is designed to use the instant messenger services to pass on it's evil even effect Outlook Express? In the past my e-mail service has always warned me of an infected e-mail and I can take care of it. This one came across AOL instant messenger, not my Outlook, but I don't know enough to know if they can cross-contaminate. Thanks, David.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:01:53 PM
Registered-III

Go to www.pandasoftware.com, and scroll to the lower left hand corner of the screen. You'll see an icon of a free on-line scan. Click on it and follow the steps. It works very well, and will identify and eliminate any virus it finds.

Good luck...

Chris
Old 02-28-2005, 11:27:28 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,296 Times in 309 Posts

You can also try grisoft.com they have a great free anti-virus program, it gets updates regularly. Also if you are running ms windows ( a legal copy not version you borrowed from somebody) you can go to microsofts website and download their new spyware blocker for free, they ask you to prove your authenticity on your MS software. Both are very worthwhile freebies.

Jim
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47:49 AM
Registered-III

Thanks guys, AVG is what I use, it was recommended by my ISP and I've had no problems in the past. I'm confident I've got it licked now and the virus is out of my system. But I understand if there are some who don't won't to open my e-mails. That's why I went public with my problem, I sure didn't want to take the risk of infecting someone's computer. David.