Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Le Seure Minnesota

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2165 times

Old 04-22-2005, 10:06:05 PM
Dale Sawchuk

Default Le Seure Minnesota

Just got back from Le Seuer Swap meet.It was unreal with the largest turn out ever for vendors and buyers. Couldn't find Starbolt anywhere there however?? Dale
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2005, 09:25:08 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Le Seure Minnesota

I got home from there last night. Couldn't find Starbolt either. Had a lot of people tell me that they were so I guess I must have missed that section. That must also have been the section that had the gas engine parts in it as I never could find any of those either. If your looking for tractor parts then this is the place but as far as engines go, it's not worth it. What few were there (though there were many maytags and little air cooled ones) were missing to much or overpriced (just my opinion).
Old 04-23-2005, 01:55:33 PM
In Memory OF

I understand Starbolt called that he couldn't make it this year.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:40:21 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,068 Times in 294 Posts

The "Stackers" meet again at noon at Le Sueur swap meet. From L to R, Dave Preuhs, Le Center, Mn., Erik Grund, Bloomington, Mn., Ken Majeski, Ellsworth, Wi. The weather was great if you like cool temps and wind, but at least there was no rain. Large crowds and around 1000 vendors. I saw lots of gas engines and parts, but alot of tractors and parts also. Hope to see everyone again next year.[IMG]t_05stackers.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-23-2005, 10:37:18 PM
Registered-III

I was looking for Starbolt, too. I guess I will have to buy by mail this year. The turnout was fantastic Friday despite the cold weather, sprinkes of rain and high wind. I was really disappointed by the high price on EVERYTHING. Most engines were from $1500 to $3000+. There just aren't any deals there...and it's is not really a 'swap meet' either, just a gigantic flea market. Everyone is selling and wanting top dollar. If you ask me, they are looking for suckers based on the high turnout. Who would pay $350 for a stationary engine block only for an LB or M? I've been going for years, but I doubt I'll look for parts there again except new stuff from the gas engine vendors. Most stuff I saw there you get get for half the price on Ebay or want ads!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:51:16 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,158 Times in 774 Posts

Well.... I was there Fri and Saturday... My Buddy picked up a proper team truck for his 7 Hp Fuller & Johnson..... I was going to buy it but he said he needed it.... There was a Nice 6 HP Air Cooled Motor Co.... (Forerunner of the Olds I geuss) on the same trailer.... Boy I had a Hard Time leaving that one there..... But finally managed to leave without it... I did pick up a few odds and ends and a couple wheels for a incomplete engine cart that I have. There were quite a few engines there but you had to sort through the tractor parts ect. As far as prices go they seemed about the going rate to me.

The best part was meeting all the guys you haden't seen since last year. People and Vendors really thinned out this evening but I blame that on the COLD weather....
Old 04-24-2005, 07:42:31 AM
Subscriber

Just returned from Le Sueur--------two wonderful days, was successful in finding some much needed parts at a price that I thought was very fair.

Really missed Bill Starkey ( Starbolt ) My annual shopping list went unfilled, and that was a bummer. Hope all is well with Bill, and hope he will be back next year.

Thank you PIONEER POWER , this event is FIRST CLASS , well run and managed well. You guys must be doing something right as the motel where We stayed is already booked solid for next year. My reservation is one of them.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:52:56 PM
Card Sponsor

I just got back from LeSueur. Had a great time. Met a lot of friends but the weather was cold and windy. Not much for gas engine parts this year. There was some common stuff . I talked to a few people and most of them figured the parts are being sold on E-bay. There were some gas engine mags, however pretty rough and over priced. The prices basically reflected the going rates on E-bay.I don't understand why anyone would buy a busted up Wico EK for $175.00 and get it rebuilt for another $150.00??? I think there were a lot of good deals to be had for tractor collectors.To bad Bill Starkey couldn't make it this year.I hope all is well. There were some nice engines for sale,overall a good turnout.I guess,next it's off to the Portland Swap Meet . See what kind of cool stuff we can find there. Later...
Old 04-24-2005, 11:24:52 PM
Registered-III

I was at the LeSueuer Swap on Friday & it was nuts then! The parking area was full, by mid-morning. Saw quite a few old friends & made a couple new ones. I thought the engine prices were pretty fair. As for the price for parts, I don't know what you guys are complaining about...try buying parts at an engine auction sometime! THANKS Pioneer Power for another fun year!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:15:16 PM
Registered-III

I was there friday and sat. and found it was much cheaper to buy a parts engine, with the parts that I needed on it then to buy the parts alone. Anyway it was lots of fun and I got some much needed "stuff".
Justin