Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Regal Vertical Stationary

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2093 times

Old 04-25-2005, 10:30:04 PM
Registered-II

Default Regal Vertical Stationary

Hi All, am picking up a new toy in the next few days. It is a vertical regal, about 5 or 6hp i think, it is bigger than my 4hp yb stover. it is missing the head and carby . I am after any imformation on these engines as i undrstand they are fairy rare. does anyone know what the original colour is and when they were made? thaks in advance Dave in oz
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2005, 05:26:33 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Regal Vertical Stationary

I have a Regal 4 stroke headless marine engine...lots of toys on it...not sure if it is the same Regal...I never see or hear anything about them...Mark Congden
Old 04-26-2005, 07:25:07 AM
Registered-II

thanks for the reply Mark, this is a four stroke vertical stationary engine i know of 4 out here in oz and have seen a couple of pictures of them in the states the pic with this is similar to mine. Dave in oz
Attached Thumbnails
roughvertical-1.jpg  
Old 04-26-2005, 08:08:39 PM
Registered-III

David...I'll trade you mine for the one along side the barn in the picture...Mark Congden
Old 04-27-2005, 03:37:38 AM
Registered-II

that ones in the states some where.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:08:16 AM
Registered-III

Thats what I thought...I've seen that pic before...
Old 04-28-2005, 08:29:05 AM
MShaffer

Here is a a 11/2 HP Regal that I was lucky enuogh to aquire a couple years ago at the Portland,In. show in August. It is a gearless engine and it runs geat.
Attached Thumbnails
MVC-008S.JPG   MVC-005S.JPG  
Old 04-28-2005, 05:57:58 PM
Registered-II

thanks for the reply , i have seen this picture of yours before it is a very nice little engine. a friend here in oz restored a 4hp one years ago for someone but it is a different model to yours and until i get mine home i am not sure what model mine is.but i think it will be different to yours as the exhaust outlet is in a different position. imformation on these engines seems very hard to come by. do you know of any more in the states. i will be talking to the owner of 1 or 2 of these this wekend so maybe he will beable to shed some light on these very interesting engines. Dave in oz
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39:46 AM
MShaffer

I know of another not too far from where I Live. Although it has a tag that says it is a Shugers, it is the same engine. The owner of that engine doesn't have any more info than we do. Igot what little Iknow from him. Please keep me in the loop of any info you get. Thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 08:24:38 PM
Registered-II

HI spoke to a couple of engine blokes this weekend who have one the same as mine.They said they thought mine could have been made by the St Albans company of St Albans. But i am not sure if your model was but will keep searching for more imfo. Also spoke to another collector about them, he also has one like mine,he said he thought they could be pre 1900 but i am not sure of that one as the other blokes said they thought about 1905 was about right.He put an add in gas engine mag about 20 years ago and got a reply from the grand daughter of the Regal company owner and is going to send me a copy which hopefully will shed some more light on these rare engines.Dave in oz