Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Denton

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 1571 times

Old 05-15-2005, 08:38:30 AM
Registered-III

Default Denton

Well, according to the letter they are reducing the number of set up days

How disapointing! As this has always been a time for socializing as well as wheelin and dealin

Maybe Brown figures with today's high prices, the wheelin and dealin wont take as long, LOL

Dont we just love to complain?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2005, 01:07:46 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Denton

Ralph -

By any chance, were you at the Old Mill Crank Up in Sanford this weekend?

David
Old 05-15-2005, 01:32:34 PM
Registered-III

David, we were in the last camper next to the venders. Exibitor attendance looked kinda dismal late Friday but a lot of folks came Saturday. There were some tractor people there with questionable manners but other than that it turned out to be a very good show.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:14:25 AM
Registered-III

How do you go about getting registered to be at Denton? I've been thinking about going this year to exhibit my tractor and Taylor engine, but All the other shows I've been to, you just show up and plop down. Part of me says something is done in advance with Denton? What do I need to do and how early to people normally start getting there? I'd like to come home with another engine if I don't get one before then....get another engine at a DECENT price, that is. BTW, the Chocowinity show was pretty good this year. I would have liked to have gone to Sanford, but too much for one weekend.

Jeb
Old 05-16-2005, 07:56:56 AM
Registered-III

Jeb, you can get a lot of info from their website, threshers.com. Most exibitor sites are reserved. Sadly, there is usually a waiting list for the more preferred sites so most folks reserve their site for next year before they leave.

If you would like a copy of "Exibitor Rules & Policies", send me a email with your address It covers all your ? very well

Last edited by Ralph Leonard; 05-16-2005 at 08:07:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:41:53 PM
Registered-III

Glad to see you and your group at the Chocowinity show. We had perfect weather and great attendance.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:08:06 PM
Registered-III

Hey man! I've been showing all kinds of people the video clips I shot of your IHC engine running so slow. You're right, it was really nice weather. Can you believe that one of the ladies I was hanging out with went back inside her camper and put on long pants and a sweatshirt shortly before I left? It was 78 degrees according to my trucks thermometer!

Anyways, I guess I may as well give up exhibiting at Denton then. I'll just swing up there for a day or so and spectate. It's still a boat load of fun! Now I just need to work on some of the local folks and try to get another engine to tinker on! Keep me in mind if you run across anything!

Jeb
Old 05-16-2005, 07:13:47 PM
Subscriber

Well, I went early Satuurday & didn't see many vendors, but I did see a 3-wheeler like the one by your name, along with a pretty engine. I thought attendance was down, & less vendors, but more stuff was running (both permanent & exhibitors like you). I work in Sanford & usually see a lot of folks I know there. Anyway, I went with my father & had fun & only spent $2 on engine stuff.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:30:38 PM
Jerry McGinnis

Hay Jeb, know the lady your talking about, Been trying to encourage her a little, did you get some of my ice cream. We wiil be at Denton you can hang out with our gang
jerry
Old 05-16-2005, 10:05:43 PM
Subscriber

Are you the guy with the little gear reduction Briggs engines making ice cream? If so, I have a carb for you (may not be any good), came off a 5S or 6S, does not have the tank with it but free for the asking.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:20:30 AM
Registered-III

Hey Jerry! I didn't know you were on here...all kinds of folks are turning up now that i've met some of you at the shows. I really enjoy hanging out with you guys because you are all good hearted, down to earth folks. I've been giving Mary a hard time about being so cold-natured but I think she's used to it. Just tell her she can move down to florida when she retires, hahahah. I'll be in touch through this board or i'll try and call you guys a little closer to Denton so we can meet up down there. I'm really looking forward to it! Take care!

Jeb