Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Termaat and Monahan Serial Numbers

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1451 times

Old 05-28-2005, 09:37:04 PM
Registered-III

Default Termaat and Monahan Serial Numbers

Hi Everyone,
way back in 2004 Joe Prindle posted a breif history of T and M in regards to the OskKosh Engine which I understand T and M made.

Part of Joes Post "I have owned a number of T&M engines and I have not had one with a nametag. All of them that I can recall had a series of numbers and periods stamped on the edge of the cylinder head. My 1 hp engine has 1.4.XXX stamped on it, the 1 being for 1 horsepower, the 4 meaning four cycle and the XXX being the serial number. Perhaps you can find similar numbers on your engine"

My new Wiscona Pep also made by T and M has the serial Number G2I3I4L2hE
The "L" and the lower case "h" are hard to make out, maybe these are ment to be "I" to seperate the componet identifications?

Maybe Ive taken Joes comments to generally to include all T & M engines?

Cheers,
Roo
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2005, 11:11:16 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Termaat and Monahan Serial Numbers

Roo, regarding T&M serial numbers...... T&M and GRAY were in cohoots.. one making stationary engines for the other for a while. I have a serial number database started for GRAY engines, some of which are said to be T & M made. Some times they used periods between the numbers for seperators, and other times they have verticle slashes. Some of the serial numbers appear to be as Joe said, that is, first the "horse power", the production number, and then a "4" on the end for four cycle. Some have a letter thrown in as well for the model, ie., "J", or "G". I'd like to be able to date the GRAY engines, but so far, I don't have enough conclusive information. For reference, my serial number data table is at......
http://www.Geocities websites CLOSED in 2009/Baja/Canyon...datatable.html