Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Bernardston!!

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1437 times

Old 05-28-2005, 09:43:53 PM
Sponsor

Default Bernardston!!

Stepped out for a cup of coffee this morning, and 2 hours later arrived in Bernardston. Beautiful day, scads of toys, lots of bargains, plenty of familiar faces. This show has to be one of the rites of Spring. I left the envelope home today, only stayed a couple of hours, but I'm still thinking about all of those deals I passed up. Guess I won't sleep tonite. I'll have to make it up at the Orange show.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2005, 05:20:06 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Bernardston!!

Hi Harvey, Glad you left some bargains there for those of us who can only go on Sunday's! ( I think I'll grab the "envelope" as I walk out the door this morning) Still have to get you some photo's........hard to decide what to let go of ............... Eric M
Old 05-29-2005, 07:55:59 AM
Sponsor

Eric, may today's weather be as nice as yesterday's, your envelope be full, and your truck be loaded.....
Old 05-29-2005, 08:11:25 AM
Registered-III

Yesterday was certainly a beautiful day, after all that rain, it was nice to see the sun, hear and smell the exhaust and poke around. I had never been to Bernardston, and hopefully won't miss it again!! Didn't see too many "bargains" that would fit my "envelope" but a Briggs 6s and the mower it will soon become unattached from did climb into the back of my truck while my wife wasn't looking. Watched a couple guys with small portable forges, got me thinking again about trying that. For those going today hope the weather holds!!
Peter
Old 05-29-2005, 11:12:30 PM
Registered-II

The Sun broke out just I was turning the key on the camper to leave. To bad you aren't going to keep the mower together. Was it the EX-Cello? I was the guy with the mowers in the left rear of the field (Flymos too).
Old 05-29-2005, 11:25:39 PM
Registered-III

Was a Cooper Klipper, I put a post under mowers/lawn tractors for the rest of the mower or parts of it free if someone pays shipping. As is so true, parts are worth more than the whole sometimes. Did see the Flymo's, never seen one working.
Peter
Old 05-30-2005, 10:33:43 AM
Registered-III

I saw some nice engines at bernardston, a couple of of Ihc Tom Thumb engines with the butter churn gear on the back,one nice display was ihc tom
thumb a ihc titan and 2hp Fairbanks T running running in a row. There were some nice engines and tractors to see.
I got a great deal on a 6hp Fairbanks Morse Ignitor fired engine with the sumpter 22 complete with a factory clutch pulley, it was only missing the name tag.
Bernardston was a great show again this year , you never know what you will find, I even bought a spare clutch for my 78 Polaris Snowmobile for 10 bucks
~Jonathan