Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Great job at Bucyrus Ohio show!

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 1981 times

Old 06-20-2005, 11:48:44 AM
Chris Curtis

Default Great job at Bucyrus Ohio show!

I have been to many engine shows in the past couple years but the most welcome I have ever felt was this past weekend at Bucyrus Ohio. We were met at the gate by a winning smile and a "Thanks for coming" that directed us to the nearest restroom(it was a long drive), the registration booth and the engine display area. Next I was approached by another person offering help to find a spot to set up. After setting up, yet another person walked up and again "welcome and thanks for coming" then took our names and address so that they could send us a "formal" invitation for next year. A little while later here comes a golf cart passing out gifts to the exibitors and another big thanks and said if we needed anything to let them know. On top of all this the club serves free dinner to the exibitors on Sat. night. Then as I was packing up to go home I get another "Thanks for coming" and an offer to help load my engines. I have been to some good shows in the past and never saw or heard from a director. These guys at Bucyrus really went the extra mile to make you feel welcome and show there appreciation for your effort. Little things like that mean a lot to me and I will definetly make that show next year! Great job guys!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2005, 03:20:58 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Great job at Bucyrus Ohio show!

Thanks for the report Chris~

I will certainly use that as my example and standard to live up to at our Miami Valley Steam Show & Reunion next month in Plain City, OH. I am not afraid to admit that I am on a learning curve. Tom Winland & I were not taken under the wing of an old time gas engine area organizer. We just saw a great need for help at the Miami Valley show and took it up on our selves to lend a hand make a difference. I didn't make it to the Buckyruss show this year, not because I didn't want to, but because I am in the middle of moving. Got to get all of this out of the way before show time.

www.miamivalleysteamshow.org/
Old 06-20-2005, 05:56:55 PM
Subscriber

I agree with Chris 100% about the Bucyrus club members going the extra mile!!! What a nice show!!! I too intend to attend next year. Am really looking forward to seeing Chris' exhibit again! Wish I had my camera along, I would show you all some pics. I especially enjoyed looking at his home made hit-n-miss butt buggy. It is mighty nice! Maybe we could convince him to post a few pics?? Thanks Jim Hunter
Old 06-20-2005, 10:27:39 PM
Registered-III

Yeah Chris, that was a nice show. My wife and I were there Saturday. I had the '23 Stover KA parked beside the tractor with the half-breed engine mounted on it. I wasn't feeling up to snuff so didn't unload and left early, but we plan on taking the camper up for the whole show next year. Really nice people and I picked up three more models to add to my collection. Oh, by the way Jim, I got some pics of his butt buggy, soon as I get them downloaded I'll post one. David.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:26:47 AM
Subscriber

That would be great David! Thank-you. Jim
Old 06-22-2005, 12:40:47 PM
Registered-III

Well Jim, I messed up again. I got lots of great photos, but evidently had the camera set on the wrong setting and all my pics are 500 kb or bigger. Still trying to figure out how to get them small enough to post. I got it down to 77 kb. If anyone wants to see it, just send me an e-mail and I'll be more than happy to send it to you. Now that I know what setting to put it on, future pics should be ok. I hope, me and this new technology don't get along very well so it takes me a while to get used to it. David.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:12:58 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for trying David! Are you going to Wauseon this weekend? We may go Friday. Jim
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17:26 AM
Registered-III

Photo Re: Great job at Bucyrus Ohio show!

Well, let's try this. I got to thinking though, I seen it riding around and this may or may not be Chris's, because I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him. But it's a nice ride. I have to work this weekend, but I'm going to run up to Moundsville in the morning and take my Stover since that's what they are featuring. I also got some nice pics of the tractor powered by 16 Briggs engines. Sweet machine. David.
Attached Thumbnails
buttbuggy.jpg  
Old 06-23-2005, 06:33:47 AM
Chris Curtis

Thanks for the picture David. That tractor is mine. I built it three years ago using my first engine- a 1927 Mccormick Deering 1 1/2 HP "M". I call it my Farmall "F -1 1/2". Believe it or not I have almost no pictures of this myself or I would post some more. One of these days I will get with the program and get a digital camara so I can get some pictures up.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:51:43 PM
Registered-II

Hey chrisc would you be interested in a winter project, making a john deere set up something like you have , with a wide frt end ,I know it would be $$$ to build, but what do you say , give it a green look