Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters

roof palamino tractor

have any of you ever seen one? it looks like a small jeep with a deck. would anyone know of 1 for...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3521 times

Old 07-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Defective Email Address

Default roof palamino tractor

have any of you ever seen one? it looks like a small jeep with a deck. would anyone know of 1 for sale? thanks bernie.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: roof palamino tractor

Bernie,
More info. about this please. I know a guy that something like you describe. I could never find a name on it. This thing has a Onan engine on it and it has hydrostatic drive. This thing does look kinda like very small jeep. 2 people can ride in it. Now with my description, is this what you are talking about? No, it's not for sale, I've been trying to buy it for a couple years. Too bad because it's been sitting outside under a tree for 15 years or so. Amazingly it isn't rusty other than surface rust. You know, he is one of those that says I'm gone fix it up one day. We all know that one day will ever come. After all it's his, so no one will ever get as long as he lives and he has a son just like him so that thing will not be available for anyone to fix up for many years.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered-III

Hey Bernie:: I seem to remember some of those from the early 70s.. We used (georgabuggys).. To haul gravel on top of Roofs on tar+gravel Buildups.. Seat was in the back of a big wheelborrow....Other Guys were Cruisin in a little Jeep doin the same thing...Is that Part of the Name....Roof Palamino... ..Byron
Old 11-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Hello Bernie
I have a little info for you. Roof mfg.Co. of Pontiac Ill. bilt the Palamino from 1968-1971. Only 600 were produced. From what i have herd thay were quite expensive at that time. In 1972 Roof rebilt the unit into a utility mower. Roof 60. All models caried 60" mower decks. The Palamino's are about 3/4 the size of a jeep. Marion