Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Oiler Question

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1278 times

Old 07-02-2005, 10:49:42 PM
Sky

Default Oiler Question

I was just wondering if there is anything special about this oiler i have (currently) on my fairbanks, if it is worth anything or if it is just the normal everyday run of the mill type oiler. it is brass with glass.....hay, that rimes, anywho, i was just wondering if there is anything special about it, it doesn't have a name like others do, it just has something stamped ontop of the oiler, it says, W.D. ALLEN MANUFACTURING CO.
all's i know is that it is not the original oiler but it still looks good.

HAPPY 4th! well, almost.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 10:31:12 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Oiler Question

Sky,
Sounds like a regular oiler to Fairbanks Morse used a variety of Brands from Essex, to Michigan oilers. On your particular engine it used a pot metal oiler similar to the tine one used on the hit and miss battery engine, in that picture I sent you a while back it shows the original oiler. They are really hard to find and I haven't seen another one other than mine, I have seen plenty of tin oilers but no pot metal ones.
~Jonathan
Old 07-03-2005, 12:11:54 PM
Sky

Default Re: Oiler Question

Thanks for the info