Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

2 hp Vertical Famous

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1756 times

Old 07-05-2005, 08:12:53 AM
Registered-II

Default 2 hp Vertical Famous

I just got me a 2 hp vertical famous pump jack engine. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the pump jack engine was more rare than the regular vertical famous. Also can any one tell me were I can get info and parts for this engine. I really don't know anything about them this is my first one. I would also like to find the pump jack that goes on the engine.

Thanks for you'll time and cooperation on this matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2005, 08:41:35 AM
In Memory Of

Default Re: 2 hp Vertical Famous

Chad take a look at Paul Spence his web site.
http://www.Geocities websites CLOSED in 2009/oldengineon...s/engines.html
Old 07-05-2005, 08:56:50 AM
Chris Curtis

I didn't find what your looking for on that link. Try this one: http://www.Geocities websites CLOSED in 2009/oldengineon...umpengine.html
Old 07-05-2005, 09:56:56 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,701 Times in 1,228 Posts

Chad: Nice find. Do you have anything else besides the engine and base, like the walking beam, beam support rods, etc..? As you have already read, it took me a L O N G time to find the parts I needed, and I was lucky enough after many years just to get some one time reproduction parts and find the gearing. You just might want to ask and look where you bought it for the parts. Could be in a junk pile someplace nearby unless you bought it from another collector. I found some folks with the parts, but they wanted my engine and base-NOT. Good luck in getting it all together.

ps.. They made fewer of the 2HP pump engines(around 7,000 as compared to some 36,000 +/- of the various configurations of the 2HP vertical tank cooled ones). Are they rare , well, you don't see them at many shows, and I would consider complete ones scarce as hen's teeth or something like that .

Last edited by Paul Spence; 07-05-2005 at 10:06:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:17:55 PM
Banner Sponsor

Thanked 3,934 Times in 516 Posts

I also just picked up a 2HP verticle with pump jack base but missing the gear and walking beam if ya find any extra parts

Tom Winland
Ohio
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57:43 PM
Registered-II

Thanks everyone for the help...
Mr. Paul, I only have the engine and the base..It does not have no water pump or anything like that on it. I just ordered a book so I could see what parts I was missing to get it running.
I bought the motor from another collector so no go with him having the missing parts. I got all he had for it. Is that guy still making castings of the parts you got from him? I think for now I will just worry about getting the motor to run and show condition and then worry about the pump later. I got an extra base to make it a regular famous if I wanted to go that route.
again thanks for all you'll time and cooperation on this matter.

P.S. Mr Paul could you take some close up pictures of the fuel pump area and water pump area of your motor and e-mail them to me?

Chad