Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

CENTRAL HAWKEYE waukee show help

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2056 times

Old 07-11-2005, 06:45:07 AM
eMail NOT Working

Question CENTRAL HAWKEYE waukee show help

CENTRAL HAWKEYE GAS ENGINE AND TRACTOR ASSOCIATION, INC.
Old Time Power and Machinery Show
Located Rural Waukee I -80 Exit 117; 1/4 mile south
July 15 thru 17, 2005
Gate Opens at 8:00am During the Show

The 30th. Annual Old Time Power and Machinery Show at Hawkeye Antique Acres
Hosting the Vintage Garden Tractor Club of America 2005 National Expo featuring Briggs & Stratton Engines

Has any body ever been here? anybody going ? im off this weekend and lookng for a new show to go to . I heard it was hilly in the showgrounds ? any facilties on the grounds ? showers etc.. thanks for any help its appreciated , John Smith
briggsnut
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47:14 PM
Jim Scott

Default Re: CENTRAL HAWKEYE waukee show help

i will be there friday and saturday! i went to the swap meet in the spring and a do think there are showers on the grounds. the part towards the interstate is hilly, the rest isnt to bad.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:10:21 PM
Registered-III

John....Waukee has a nice show...have gone a couple times and was very pleased. I can't help you with the accomodations but know they have camp grounds and if you take a camper its wise to get there as early as possible. It is a tad "hilly" there but they run excellent shuttles and you won't have to wait more then ten minutes for one. Ride the shuttle up the hill then stroll down hill thru the vendors and engines....ride the shuttle up again and repeat the process as many times as needed to see everything. At least thats how this 62 year old does it! Theres a lot of shade there and they have great displays. A real nice steam saw mill which they will have in full operation for the show. I think they have a web page and you might call them for any imformation....Warren
Old 07-14-2005, 09:39:46 PM
Registered-II

Hey John
Come on over. The engine grounds are shaded through noon and then some. The people are really nice. A shower should not be a problem. Meet Bob Swanburg. He started the whole thing over 30 years ago. Has "Big" engines in one row. I am in the other row next to him. You will see some Briggs parts I got from you in operation! Quite a few briggs sprinkled around. Some rare or at least ones I have never seen before on some garden tractors (featured as well as Briggs). High tomorrow about 92 just got to take it slow and drink plenty of water. Not too bad today. Set up until 3:00 will hit it again at 7:00 am. Stop by and say high. I have a Hvid Hoag that hopefully will be running.