Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Small Engine Carburetor

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 1589 times

Old 07-11-2005, 03:39:50 PM
Registered-I

Question Small Engine Carburetor

I have not been able to get any help in finding information on a MS 31 C. I need any information I can get. I don't know if there is a remanufactured carburetor that will fit in its place. I would appreciate any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2005, 04:20:40 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,668 Times in 3,023 Posts
Question Re: Small Engine Carburetor

What is it on? Bore? Mounting bolt centers? Mounting type - Vertical? Horizontal? Pictures of old one? We need more info! With the MS number, is it made by Tillotson?
Andrew
Old 07-14-2005, 07:28:59 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Small Engine Carburetor

Here is a picture of the engine I need to carb for. There is nothing on the engine that will give me more information. It is a Tillotson carb on a single cyc horz small bore. It trys to run but the carb is messed up. I'm trying to attach a picture.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:35:13 PM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenGrant
Here is a picture of the engine I need to carb for. There is nothing on the engine that will give me more information. It is a Tillotson carb on a single cyc horz small bore. It trys to run but the carb is messed up. I'm trying to attach a picture.
My pictures are to large to post. The carburetor is mounted horz on a brass tube that comes out and makes a 90. It has a screw that holds it in place. I'm going to try to find out how to make the picture smaller so I can attach it.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:18:38 PM
Registered-III

That carb comes back to a Coldwell cub lawnmower engine. A lot of the ms series carbs will work in its place
Old 07-15-2005, 12:44:18 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,668 Times in 3,023 Posts
Exclamation Re: Small Engine Carburetor

Watten, is your engine a green single cylender, water cooled engine? Has a small fan, driven by a 3/4" flat belt on the flywheel? engine also has what looks like a radiater bolted to the top of the engine, over the cylender (is actually a condenser)? If so, then indeed you have a Coldwell.
Andrew
Old 07-15-2005, 12:50:30 PM
Registered-II

Coldwell engien if it looks like this.
Attached Thumbnails
fdef3dd8[1].jpg  
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53:52 PM
Registered-I

Exclamation Re: Small Engine Carburetor

Yes, that's exactly what my engine looks like. Where can I get a carburetor for it? It appears to be in excellant shape except for the carb. What is this engine worth. It does not have the original gas tank, I don't think.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:18:51 PM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenGrant
Yes, that's exactly what my engine looks like. Where can I get a carburetor for it? It appears to be in excellant shape except for the carb. What is this engine worth. It does not have the original gas tank, I don't think.
I have tried to post a folder at Kodak Easy Share Gallery. It would be listed in my name warrengrant. Hopefully if this works you can view this engine. Each picture is over 340K well over what I can post on this site. I tried to Zip it but it didn't shrink enough.