Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron.

Antique Tractors - Old Iron Lugs, Cleats and Tracks

Ellis Keystone Wooden Separator

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1534 times

Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Registered-II

Default Ellis Keystone Wooden Separator

Hey,

First of all I'm not sure which forum is the proper place for this... It is on steel and is definately not run-of-the-mill! I apologize if I've posted on the wrong forum.

I have the opportunity to purchase the separator pictured in the attachment, it's a wooden Ellis-Keystone made in Pottstown, PA, "The Champion." It looks like it didn't originally come with a blower and an aftermarket blower setup was obtained at some time. It was put into operating order for one threshing show in the mid 80's and worked well that time... since then (as always) it has been keep indoors. Also, it doesn't have the normal slat-and-chain setup to draw the oats into the machine.

When do you think this machine was built? Do any of you know much about this make of separator? What would be a fair price range? I don't want to overpay and I don't want to pay an unfairly low price.

Thanks a bunch for your help,

-Colt
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Ellis Keystone Wooden Separator

Colt,
Does the thresher have a serial number or model number, such as #2 or #3 ( number one's didn't have the model number on them)? Do you have any more pictures of it? I bought last winter an Ellis Keystone #2 with hand feeder and 16 ft apron stacker with a rope winch for $500. If you can give me more info, I do have some catalogs from Ellis Keystone, which may be helpful.
I glad to see people interested in the old threshing machines and implements, to preserve our heritage and also to give the antique tractors something to play with at the shows.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered-III

I bought a S K Campbell thrasher back 2 years ago and if any one has any info on one it would be of grate help.it was made in Central bridge NY the same town where George Westinghouse started making thrashers.

JEFF
Old 07-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Registered-II

It's a #2. All I've done so far is talked to the owner and received hard-copy pictures of the separator. With a little care, it looks like almost all of the original colors could be brought back and it would be a sharp, original machine. The machine is hand-fed and was fitted with an aftermarket blower which sticks only a couple of feet above and a foot or so back of the machine. Do you have a general idea of when this machine was made?

Thanks a bunch,

-Colt