Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Tractors purchased and NOT picked up

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 3153 times

Old 07-14-2005, 03:29:38 PM
Subscriber

Default Tractors purchased and NOT picked up

You folks I am about to mention have tractors at my place you have paid for several; years ago--please get ahold of me and make arrangements to get them out of here--I have some things going on here that require them being moved--I hate to see you lose them--[they are yours by the way] I think the names are correct--the spelling my not be---
Charles Jehle--Midwest somewhere---one tractor
Richard Kepheart--??? maybe cepheart?-somewhere in nevada.-two tractors
thanks d,j,
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2005, 08:38:47 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tractors purchased and NOT picked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihorse
You folks I am about to mention have tractors at my place you have paid for several; years ago--please get ahold of me and make arrangements to get them out of here--I have some things going on here that require them being moved--I hate to see you lose them--[they are yours by the way] I think the names are correct--the spelling my not be---
Charles Jehle--Midwest somewhere---one tractor
Richard Kepheart--??? maybe cepheart?-somewhere in nevada.-two tractors
thanks d,j,
DJ,

give them 30 days, after this post, and then move them further to the back field. Then you can sell them again.

BTW, have you been paid for them ????????

Jim
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18:54 PM
Subscriber

Jim--you gotta get your glasses checked--read my post again--I say twice in there --that the tractors belong -[paid for] to those folks---I just have to give you a bad time
d,j,
Old 07-15-2005, 06:54:54 AM
Registered-II

i horse many people have had to deal with abandon property like this check your state laws you may have to send a certified letter then can resell it legaly. i am dealing with this on a haybaler.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:56:18 PM
Subscriber

certified letter sounds good--hell--I don;t even know their names for sure, and sure don;t know where they live, so I am screwed again, damm--I never let anything set for years at someones else place--that is just not right,
d,j,
Old 07-16-2005, 06:25:10 PM
Registered-II

Talking Re: Tractors purchased and NOT picked up

me either i horse. my money is too valuable and if i by it so is the object. my accountant is helping me, but again get a legal opinion in your state and go from there. the one i hate is a downpayment then the guy never comes back. good luck.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:07:58 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,977 Times in 427 Posts

Hey Ihorse, I can tell you why the fellow did not contact you about his tractor purchase. He did the same thing to me. I saw his name in the obits the other day. He won't need his tractor because they mow over his head at no charge to him. You cannot mail him or email him any longer and the best thing to do is park his tractor on his grave and put a big sign on it "YOU OLD PUTZ" and then sell it to someone who does care. Iron gets old and so do the guys that mess with that stuff and you cannot expect the guys to remember who you are when you don't remember who they are.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:14:09 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihorse
Jim--you gotta get your glasses checked--read my post again--I say twice in there --that the tractors belong -[paid for] to those folks---I just have to give you a bad time
d,j,
I did read your post a 3 rd time and I am in fault. SORRY!!!!

Keep in mind, the internet posts and email is legal tender in court. This has been proven many times in the court system. One can not alter an email or a post to a website, UNLESS, there is a message that states the the message has been edited.

As I said before, after 30 days, and you can not contact the person/with a response, you can resell the tractors, IF your state allows this time period.

If the people contacted you via the internet or here on Harry's, you have a legal source to dispose of the tractors if they will not pick them up.

Good Luck,

Jim
Old 07-16-2005, 11:05:32 PM
Subscriber

Gene fisher---which one are you talking about--and are you pulling my leg???
thanks jim.
d,j,
Old 07-17-2005, 07:23:15 AM
Subscriber

Read it again Ihorse "Its a leg pullin alright" gene
Old 07-17-2005, 12:17:22 PM
Subscriber

Gene--it all looked fairly legit--except the [PUTZ] part--and I did remember their names, just not the spelling on one--read again-HA,
d,j,
Old 07-17-2005, 05:10:36 PM
Subscriber

spellin is everthing wen it coms tooo nmes. geroge warshington, abr lincln, gegre w brush and the likkes, ha and hpe u hve a gould daay. My engrish techer waas a stickrer fur spellin 2.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:16:22 AM
Registered-I

I am fairly certain that all states have escheat laws that would apply to abandoned property. Generally, unclaimed property must be turned over to the state, and the state becomes responsible for holding it on behalf of the rightful owners. Such laws are perhaps the most neglected laws around. In my former life, I worked for a firm that had a group that specialized in escheat solutions for banks, etc. Essentially the idea was to implement a fee structure for inactive accounts which would slowly dwindle the unclaimed funds. However, such strategies could only be applied on a going forward basis. Such fees could not be retroactive, as the owner was not given notice. I believe that similar rules apply to landlords, giving them the right to sell abandoned property to recover the cost of unpaid rents, however any remainder must be turned over to the state under the escheat laws. I realize that the original poster was simply trying to contact the rightful owners, I just felt the need to respond to others suggestions.

For an idea of the escheat laws in Idaho, click here:

http://tax.idaho.gov/unclaimed.htm
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29:55 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,621 Times in 799 Posts

North Dakota says if it's on your property 30 days or more.............it's yours!! Aquired a motorcycle and a 5-hp Briggs that way.
~M~