Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

5 horse Sattley (field bundage?) any info on this engine?

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1193 times

Old 08-13-2005, 11:23:34 AM
Registered-III

Default 5 horse Sattley (field bundage?) any info on this engine?

I have found a 5 horse Sattley engine and am looking for some feedback on it. Here is what I know about the engine. The spoke flywheels are almost 3 foot in diameter, it has no original tag and is missing the crank gaurd. The piston was removed to put in new rings and it was never done so the piston is out and the bore has slight surface rust. It has the tripolar webster mag, looks complete and trips o.k. didn't see any CBW's. Were these engines made by field bundage?

Without the tag I am wondering what year it might be and how would I find out serial numbers etc. (are they marked anywhere on the engine?) There is no cart and this thing is HEAVY! so cart would have to be made to move it around easily.

I know nothing about these big engines so all info. and help appreciated. I haven't bought it yet wanted to get the advice of experts here before I leaped off and drug the thing home.

Thanks,
Dave Beck
drillmotor@sbcglobal.net
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2005, 10:38:58 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: 5 horse Sattley (field bundage?) any info on this engine?

Sattley was a trade name used by Montgomery-Ward. At different times the Sattley name appeared on various brands of engines. Yours could be a Field-Brundage or not. Post a picture. If it is a F-B with 37" flywheels, it would be a 7 HP. Probably well worth dragging home. I have one sold by Brackett & Shaw in NH with a Saxon nametag. That was their house brand name. Al Wait