Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Turnersburg Show

What a great show-- gets better every year. Ron Gooden and that bunch of good ole boys, ( Jim Case,...

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1023 times

Old 08-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered-III

Photo Turnersburg Show

What a great show-- gets better every year. Ron Gooden and that bunch of good ole boys, ( Jim Case, Dale Haynes, George Niblock, Hal whose last name I don't remember, and some others that I don't remember their names) have worked hard to build the show grounds out of the wild country.

Break out the chain saws and bushogs fellas, gonna need more room next year.

Here are some pics: 1. Ernie Jones and Jo Anne, FM 3 and Myers Bull Dozer pump/water wheel on a restored RR depot cart. 2. My 2HP FM vert and 3HP IHC Famous vert. 3. FM 10HP and some kind of grinding mill, (help me out here) 4. A trailer load of IHCs

There were many very good exibits there and I would like to include all, but I only know how to post four.
Attached Thumbnails
Earnie Jones.JPG   2 vert.JPG   FM 10.JPG   IHCs.JPG  

Last edited by Ralph Leonard; 08-13-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Subscriber

Photo Re: Turnersburg Show

Was a nice show. But it was too warm for us from the high country, was nice to drive the 60 some odd miles home to temps 13 - 15 degrees lower. Need bigger roads there, was a little hard to move around in the truck and trailer that I was driving for our friends. But a real nice turn out, and some really nice displays. And Ralph's Famous and Fairbanks look a lot better in person, pics don't do them justice. Very nice job Ralph.
Attached Thumbnails
famousTurn.jpg   HPIM1051a.jpg   HPIM1054a.jpg   HPIM1053a.jpg