Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

12" Williams grist mill

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3857 times

Old 10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered-I

Default 12" Williams grist mill

I have been offered a mint condition Williams 12" grist mill.This mill was rebuilt with new wood throughout. new sifter assy,the stones were sharpened and aligned by the Meadows Mill Co. North Wilksboro NC.It is painted and test run. The owner passed away before he could enjoy it. I am to make his widow a fair offer. What would be a fair price?I think this was Williams smallest wooden mill.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: 12" Williams grist mill

I just bought a 16" Eureka Mill [original condition]made in Chattanooga with a John Deere L U C power unit for $1200. Found a Meadows 16" [I think] for $1200 for just the mill the other day in Alabama in running shape, And found another Meadows[just the mill with some original paint] for $1300.That seems th be the price around Ga, in the $1000-$2000 range according to condition.Dont mill around to long, it will get gone quick from all I run across.Missed a small mill [electric powered]for $100 not to long back by not going right then and looking at it.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered-III

I am fairly certain that the 12" was the smallest commercial mills made by meadows/williams. Fully restored, they bring upwards of $2000, even into the $3000 range. As with anything else, it all depends on "actuall" condition (different people have different definitions of "restored"), but i'd probaby offer somewhere between $1500 and $1800 as a starting point anyways. That's still a hefty chunk of change for the widow and a reasonable deal for you. You might also want to check out the meadows mills web page as they frequently have some used mills for sale that you could use as a price comparison.

Jeb
Old 10-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb2040g
I have been offered a mint condition Williams 12" grist mill.This mill was rebuilt with new wood throughout. new sifter assy,the stones were sharpened and aligned by the Meadows Mill Co. North Wilksboro NC.It is painted and test run. The owner passed away before he could enjoy it. I am to make his widow a fair offer. What would be a fair price?I think this was Williams smallest wooden mill.Thanks
I have my dads 12 in williams mill. I replaced the wood and grind meal at shows. I been toldthat the value of awilliams mill is a lot more than for a meadows. in fact the value of the mill that you described is 2500 to 3000.