Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

P & H Welder (WNP2001B) info, manual needed.

this thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 9489 times

Old 09-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Bill Cross

Default P & H Welder (WNP2001B) info, manual needed.

I just obtrained an old P&H welder. It has an Onan CCK engine. It runs pretty well. I haven't yet tried to weld with it, but the 110 ac works. From the plate is listed WNP2001B; 6CCK-331E/4325J; 66C897064; specification No 2100 1100.

Any info or source of parts or manuals would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Cross (wcross@pennswoods.net)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Email NOT Working

Default Re: P & H Welder (WNP2001B) info, manual needed.

Bill I have a P&H welder also and I haven't found a owner's manual either. Mine is powered by a 4 cylinder Continental Flat head engine. If anybody has Information or helpful ideas, I also am in need of information. Merton
Old 09-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanady View Post
Bill I have a P&H welder also and I haven't found a owner's manual either. Mine is powered by a 4 cylinder Continental Flat head engine. If anybody has Information or helpful ideas, I also am in need of information. Merton

MCanady, imagine my surprise running across your post. I was looking at a P&H welder just today,the first one I have seen since I was a welder with New Bern shipyard in 1964. If I can figure a way to sneak it home without Frankie seeing me, I'm planning to pick it up. It is also a 3 kW ac 60 cy out put. It has some problems too.

When you get time stop by and we'll talk a little bit. I have a new e mail address now that I'm with EBARQ . Regards Arthur
Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

I have a lincoln sa200 1981 or so with a continental f163 flathead 4cyl . I also cant find a service manual please help!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered-I

I recently bought a P & H WNG-200B engine driven welder. It isn't running at this time but I'm working on it. There isn't a tag on the engine but from everything found on the web so far points to a Contenintal F163 just as was used on the SA200 welders. Because it was used on the Lincolns there are still parts available as well as manuals located on the lincoln web site. Maybe this will help with some of the questions.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered-II

I also have a P&H with an Onan engine. I also have a spare generator, resistor set, and some of the engine.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
I also have a P&H with an Onan engine. I also have a spare generator, resistor set, and some of the engine.

Hello Thompson, just checking to see if you might let some of the spare generator and engine parts go ? Mine is Onan opposed piston powered and like me getting up in years. I thought I had the tag info. handy, but can't find it right now. Happy new year, and thanks in advance, Arthur
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered-I

Authur, m_thompson do either of you have a wiring diagram or welder manual for your P&H? I was able to get an engine overhaul manual from the Wisconsin engine site for my Continental F140.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyA5 View Post
Authur, m_thompson do either of you have a wiring diagram or welder manual for your P&H? I was able to get an engine overhaul manual from the Wisconsin engine site for my Continental F140.
Hello Tommy, I haven't tried to find anything for my P&H yet. I'm pretty busy with other toys at the present. I know mine will need more than TLC , but thats all I know about it. It does have the 2 cyl, opposed engine. If I find something that will help, I'll let you know. Arthur
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered-I

Arthur Sorry about misspelling your name.Just to let you know, I have conducted several searches on the web for info on the P&H welder with no results. About the only way I see getting this info is from someone who still has it in hard copy. There really isn't a lot to worry the wiring is fairly simple, I just was curious.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post

Hello Thompson, just checking to see if you might let some of the spare generator and engine parts go ? Mine is Onan opposed piston powered and like me getting up in years. I thought I had the tag info. handy, but can't find it right now. Happy new year, and thanks in advance, Arthur
I would be happy to give the spares to a good home. Shipping might be a problem though
Old 01-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
I would be happy to give the spares to a good home. Shipping might be a problem though
Thanks Thompson, You are right about the shipping costs, They are sure to be in this area . If I was closer , I would run by and see what you had. I appreciate your response, Arthur
Old 02-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Registered-I

Are you still looking for info on the P&H welder?
Steve
piperpilot55r@aol.com
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Registered-I

Did you guys find any P&H info? I have A schematic that might be useful
piperpilot55r@aol.com AKA; Flyingwrench
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered-I

No I never have found anything on the P&H welder. Is the schematic for an engine driven or electric?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Hi, Bill, The welder I'm working on is a 7CCK-381E/4325J, Model WNP=225 CACV, sounds simular. I went thru the Onan it runs great, I need some info on the Constant Current / Constant Potential wiring and operation instructions. It works good as a A/C gen. It might also be useful as a ground power unit for 28 volt aircraft. I'll be satisfied for a port. D/C welder. If you turn up any thing please let me know. I'm checking with Aweco in Phoenix whose decals is all over this thing.. Lakin
Old 07-25-2009, 03:11 AM
Registered-III

This is from the FAQ section on the P&H Mining site.....

"Q. I have a P&H welding machine that needs maintenance or repair. What is my best course of action for this situation?
The P&H Welding business, along with all the technical engineering drawings and documents supporting the line, was sold in 1968. The firm that bought the P&H Welding business later on discontinued this product line.

Should your P&H Welding equipment require service support, we suggest contacting a local or regional welding equipment service support provider, one of whom might be willing to retro-fit old P&H Welding machines with modern components in order to restore them to working order. "

http://www.phmining.com/faq/index.html

So try local or other welder "repair" shops. Two examples I know of....

http://www.billswelderrepair.com/

http://www.stumpfsweldingsupplies.com/
Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered-II

Does anyone have a spare brush spring, the part that clips onto the brush holder, for a WNP-200-1B? The copper wire on one brush on mine came out and it took the temper out of the spring.

Did anyone ever find a manual for these welders?
Old 08-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

I also have a P&H welder (WNP 200-B) runs great and welds great. mine will not idle down after a weld. any info on what to look for appreciated.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
I recently bought a P & H WNG-200B engine driven welder. It isn't running at this time but I'm working on it. There isn't a tag on the engine but from everything found on the web so far points to a Contenintal F163 just as was used on the SA200 welders. Because it was used on the Lincolns there are still parts available as well as manuals located on the lincoln web site. Maybe this will help with some of the questions.
* TommyA5 I have a P%H WNG 200-B it has a Waukesha motor on it runs and welds great.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
TommyA5 my WNG-200-B has a tag on the motor its a Waukesha motor. run check on the serial nr it said it was mfg in 1945 (this could be true or not) it still runs great and welds good.