Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

apple cider press

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 9696 times

Old 08-18-2001, 06:50 PM
bob miller

Default apple cider press

i'm looking at a old apple cider press,its all there and in good condition. thought it would make a nice display with a hit and miss engine. but i have no idea what there worth . can anyone tell me about what ones worth?it has the two baskets for the press. thanks bob
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2001, 08:43 PM
Bill D.

Default Re: apple cider press

Here on the east coast I've seen them go for $100 and up at auctions.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:12 PM
Roland

I have several, that vary in condition from complete basket cases, to good working condition. I have seen them from $35 to over $200, depending on condition and maker.----Roland
Old 08-18-2001, 10:44 PM
Ken Christison

Hi Bob,

The value of one of these mills depends a lot on the quality of the mill, and how badly you want it. If the mill has a fancy cast iron hopper with a lot of decoration, such as seen on the Hocking Valley mills, you can expect to pay as much as $400 for one in good operating condition around here, (eastern North Carolina). A less fancy mill with a wooden hopper in good operating order would sell from $100 to $250.

These mills are really a great crowd pleaser, but since the e-coli scare several years ago, I decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting sued if someone complained of a stomache ache.

Good luck, and take care.

Ken
Old 08-18-2001, 11:59 PM
Smitty

My cousin has one that my dad found for him in 1975. He restored it that winter. Ever since then he has taken it to churches, fire hall bbq's, and any other non-profit organization and sets it up and sells cider for them. He has a secret blend that I don't even know, but boy is it good and he sells it like crazy. The proceeds go to the organization and he just has a blast with it. It is nice to see him use it, and watch an engine WORK for its space in the garage, and not out in the yard under a tarp!!

Jeff