Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Wards Stattley???

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 782 times

Old 08-23-2001, 11:46 PM
Baggsy

Default Wards Stattley???

I just located a Mongomery Wards Stattley 1 1/2 horse hit and miss...serial number 68538...anybody know anything about them, what they're worth, how many were made, parts still available, and am I spelling it right? I did a search for 36 months and didn't get a hit...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2001, 01:20 AM
Bill

Default Re: Wards Stattley???

How about some more details about the engine...is it ignitor or plug fired, if so where is the plug located?....solid or spoked flywheels? This can help narrow it down a little as to who made it for Wards.

Early engines I think were made by the Racine-Sattley co., later engines were built by Sattley after Wards baught the Racine-Sattley Co. Still later, Nelson Brothers made engines for Wards after Wards shut down Sattley...I think this is how the story goes, somebody please correct me if I am wrong... -Bill
Old 08-24-2001, 04:48 PM
Bill D.

Default Re: Wards Stattley???

I'm sure you mean Sattley minus one T. I have a 1 1/2 hp with solid flywheels. One of the nicest running engines I have. From my understanding most if not all have parts that are interchangeable with the Ford Model T, such as valves, valve spring seat and seat pins, piston, piston pin and pin bushing, along with a few other parts. Although, there are a few parts that have to be altered before they can be used. If I'm not mistaking, the engines with the spoke flywheels are refered as just Sattley, and the ones with the solid flywheels are refered to as New Sattley.