Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Antique Well Pumps

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 2995 times

Old 09-01-2001, 11:59 PM
Tom

Default Antique Well Pumps

Does anyone know of any sources of information on old well pumps? Are there any websites or clubs? I see old pumps displayed at shows, but websearches have turned up little more than a few odd pictures.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2001, 03:32 PM
Bill Sherlock

Default Re: Antique Well Pumps

I've seen the occassional old well pump catalog up for sale on ebay. I've aquired a 1930 Myers pump catalog and a Hardie catalog from this source but of course they only have info on the pumps sold by Myers & Hardie, but there might be other catalogs available from time to time. I'm also looking for info on an old cast iron piston pump with no identifying markings other than casting numbers for which I have no info. Unfortunately the serial number or id plate is missing. A posting some time ago with a description and casting numbers for this pump did not bring any response to date so I guess info is relatively hard to come by.
Old 09-02-2001, 03:53 PM
Bill Sherlock

I forgot to mention that I had my daughter scan pictures of this unidentified pump. If anyone is interested in seeing them or think they might have info that might be of use please email me and I will try to forward the pictures. (I'm basically computer illiterate or I would have posted the pictures myself). Thanks for any assistance.

Bill
Old 09-02-2001, 09:54 PM
Tom

Yes, information seems to be hard to come by. It doesn't help that there are so many different manufacturers. I keep seeing new names appear on E-bay, that I have never heard of.

Thanks for your reply, and good luck on finding the info that you need.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:53 AM
Larry Kastens

The following is a list of pump jacks that I have compiled (I am sure there are others): Aermotor, Alamo, Appleton, Associated, Baker, Challenge, Dane (sold by Sears), Delco, Dempster, Dominion, Elgin, Fairbanks, Fairbury, Fuller & Johnson, Goulds, Heller-Allen, Hildreth, Humphfryes, Jensen, Lindsay, McDonald, Monitor (made by Baker), Myers, F.E., New Way, Sears (Dane), and Stover.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:47 AM
Bill Sherlock

You missed Hardie Mfg. Co. of Hudson, Mich. & Portland, Ore. A fellow I know from the engine hobby has a model SCDA s/n 5825 rescued from a landfill. He has it belted up to a 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 HP IHC LB engine and pumps water around at shows.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Tom

I have seen a pumpjack for sale on Harry's ads that had the David Bradley (SEARS) name on it. Also, I saw one at a show that had been converted into a can crusher. The name was Blue ----. I can't remember the last part of the name.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:45 AM
Ken Christison

Hi Tom,

I have a page with scans from a couple of F. E. Myers Pumps catalogs. One from 1920 and one from 1928. Just follow the link below.

Take care.

Ken

Myers Pumps Page
Old 09-06-2001, 08:50 PM
Tom

Hello Ken,

Yes, I've looked at your pages. Interesting information there. You've been a real asset to the hobby, putting information like that on line.

Thanks for your contributions to this hobby.

Tom