New Server!
Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

bean engine

looking for a manual. i would like to also know what hp 4 1/2 bore. 18 in flywheel

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 911 times

Old 11-13-2001, 08:05 PM
robert atwell

Default bean engine

looking for a manual. i would like to also know what hp 4 1/2 bore. 18 in flywheel
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2001, 11:15 AM
Rob Charles

Default Re: bean engine

Is this a verticle engine with a radiator behind the fly wheel or a Cushman engine?
Old 11-14-2001, 07:54 PM
robert atwell

thank you rob for your reply.this eng ,bean, i bought as a basket case and dont know very much about it.there is a raditator and base the main eng sits on .i need info/pictures. so i can reassamble.i talked to ed at hit and miss eng. supply he said literature may be hard to find.i do have a supply book from star bolt.thank you much.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:40 PM
Rob Charles

Is the radiator octagan shaped and mounted behind the fly wheel?Is there a water pump mounted on the crankshaft?The tag on mine says manufactured by bean spray pump co Lansing Mich San Jose Ca. 4hp 900 rpm #2930 .The base is the gas tank.It has a wico EK.The tag is mounted on the head with 2 rivets.16" flywheel that has a fan cast in 3 7/8" bore.Does it look like the Collis engine in GEM? I can't get email but you can call me @ (908)806-8512 Rob
Old 11-15-2001, 07:10 PM
Ed Deis

Well-I haven't seen instruction and parts book yet but picked up a nice Bean Sprayer Sales Catalog last weekend. It states there were two sizes of Bean engines, 4 & 6HP, used in their sprayers along with Novo engines and a horz. hit & miss they simply refer to as a sprayer engine. Haven't studied this manual to speak of but may be something in it to give some dimension on the 4 & 6 to help identify. It does have some pictures of the Bean. Good Luck Ed
Old 11-16-2001, 08:45 PM
robert atwell

ed you sound like you talked to ed at hit n miss