Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Motors General Discussion Antique Generators, Light Plants and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Motors General Discussion

Kubota V1505E timing setup?

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4343 times

Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered-II

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Kubota V1505E timing setup?

I received the service manual for the V1505 and in one section it mentions about checking the timing on the fuel control valve but doesn't say how to do that. How would I verify the correct timing? I see nothing on the valve that looks like an adjustable "something". Does anyone have the shop manual that explains in detail how to do this?
Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered-II

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Kubota V1505E timing setup?

Not sure what they mean by "fuel valve". The only method of adjusting injection timing is by shims under the injection pump body. If the pump or gear train hasn't been tampered with, it should be fine. By the way, I've been following your posts for a while. How's the project going? I work for a company that builds gen sets with Kubota, Deutz, Perkins and Volvo engines.
We recently had a V1505 in the shop for a rebuild with 39000 hours on it and all it really needed was a valve job. Thats pretty good service!

All the best, Brian
Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Registered-II

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian,

Hey thats good news to hear 39,000 hrs on a V1505. I bought mine used with 3400 hrs on it. Came out of a Jacobsen Golf Tractor. Guess I'll just leave the timing alone but was curious just how timing was done. Steve (who posts quite a bit) sent me the shop manual pages pertaining to timing and after reading them I'd have to build a test rig just to check it.
Frame is finally welded up & will start to assemble everything. I'm dieing to fire it up. Will post some photos when I have everything installed. Last big chore will be to align the generator head to engine. I'm using a Lovejoy flex coupling.
Thanks fo rthe post & information. Much appreciated!

Harry
Old 10-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Registered-III

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Brian,

You've reinforced my faith in my V1505 powered genset. I doubt that it will ever see 390 hours, much less 39,000 hours. But is sure nice to know that the engine is up to the challenge if it's called upon. Thanks for that info.

Harry, sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread.

Steve
Old 10-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kubota V1505 air from fuel pump

Hello

I am new to this site and have been unable to create a new thread for some reason so I have added hear. I have a case ck28 digger fitted with a v1505 4 cylinder Kubota engine. I had a fault with diesel leaking out through the top of the fuel injection pump and fuel getting into the engine oil. I removed the injection pump from the engine and replaced the 3 o rings on each individual pump using genuine Kubota spare parts. After reassemdly of the fuel pump I bled and started the engine, it ran for about 1 minute and then stopped. I bled the fuel system again and it ran until I tightened up the injector pipe on cylinder number 4 ( the injector next to the exhaust ) after about 1 minute of injector number 4 being tightened it cut out again , however the engine will run without cutting out if number 4 injector pipe is left loose but there is a lot of air bubbles coming out injector pipe 4. As soon as number 4 pipe is tight it cuts out after about 1 minute still. Have you any idea what could be causing this fault with air in number 4 injection pipe.
Also where the individual pumps bolt to the pump housing the holes are elongated why is this ? Ithink I put them back in the same place but is this the cause of the problem. Any help on this matter will be much appreciated._
Kind regards Phil Atkins
Sent from Phil's HTC