Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin AEH Parts?

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 11989 times

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,094 Times in 407 Posts
Question Wisconsin AEH Parts?

I have a Wisconsin AEH engine on my gibson tractor, i was woundering do any of you have a link to a good place that sells parts for these engines? I dont know what all i will need yet, but just to have on hand, thanks for your help, Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Wisconsin Parts?

Rock Creek Consulting:

Quote:
Parts can be listed for all models of Wisconsin motors, VH4D, VG4D, VE, VF, AENL, TJD, THD, AHH, AEH, V465D, AA, TE, TF, AGND, BKND, S12D, S10D, S14D, TR10D, TRA10D, TRA12D, etc. plus Wisconsin Robin models. Parts and service manuals can be listed for all models.

Rebuild kits, machine service, and rebuilds availalbe, email for more information

Thousands of new and used parts available for Wisconsin Engines, 1, 2 and 4 cylinder, and for Wisconsin-Robin, if you need something in particular to be listed or have a question please email. More New Old Stock Just In!!!!

Rock Creek Consulting - Waterside, Pa
He is referring to eBay. His username there is quiquilumbo.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,343 Times in 660 Posts

Hey Chris!
One thing about a Wisconsin, it they ain't broke, don't bother fixin' 'em. They're a pretty much bullet-proof engine. Just don't overspeed them or the governor weights will land in the oil sump.
You might keep a set of those on hand, just in case , maybe a spark plug, and a set of points. That's about it, save for regular oil changes.
If you get on that Yahoo site I told you about, a member has uploaded all sorts of information directly from Gibson material concerning care and feeding of your Gibson and Wisconsin. Drop a few questions and you won't believe the wealth of info that flows forth.
Sorry Harry, I don't mean to use your space to advertise another site, just helping this new Gibson owner get to know his "new" tractor.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Subscriber

Moro, thanks for your help, if their was a thinks button i would push it, can you post the link of the site? Is that your gibson in your avatar pic? thanks for your help, Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Subscriber

What is it that i need MoRo? a oil sump or governor weights? Also where do i find these parts at? points too?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Wisconsin AEH Parts?

Governor weights, but only if you overspeed the engine. Mine was oversped by someone before I got it, so they rigged a throttle cable directly to the carb and I have one more thing to run while operating my tractor.
Yes, that's my Gibson in my avatar. The paint isn't the proper color, nor are the rear wheels the right ones either. Your rears are correct..
Just get into Yahoo's home page, go to groups, do a search on Gibson Tractor. It should get you there in good shape. I'm not real savvy to posting links.
~M~
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Sky

How much does a gibson usually run? dallor wise...i'd like to find one and put my AHH in it
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Registered-III

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, a decent one runs anywhere up to a coupla thousand bucks. That's for a real nice one. Usually in the $500-$1000 range.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Sky

gee wiz ohwell, i'll find sumting
Old 11-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered-III

If you keep your ear to the ground, you never know what'll turn up. Gibsons seems to be the most concentrated on the west coast. They were originally built in Seattle, but the founder's son moved the operation to Longmont Colorado later on.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Registered-I

I have a Gibson D with the AEH engine, a Perrin wheel tractor with an AEH, an Ottawa Drag Saw with AEH power, and a home made with the AHH. Like you I was concerned about parts at first, so I bought a couple extra engines. I paid $100 for the first one (overpaid!) and $50 for the second one. It turns out I haven't needed them! The Gibson D was my first tractor and immediately it fouled plugs as soon as I put it under any load. I pulled the engine and pulled the head and cylinder. I had a couple machinists mic the cylinder and it was way too worn according to specs. The old geezer, retired machinist, had a lot of experience with that AEH block and told me to forget about the worn cylinder. Get new valves and rings, hone it and put it back together. I did - and it has run like a new engine for several years now. I checked the connecting rod inserts and adjusted accordingly. I also checked the end gap of the rings and for some reason they were too close so I filed them down. Maybe they were oversize or something, if so I didn't order them that way. Any way, I find those AEH's to be tough as nails and mighty forgiving. All of mine want to start on the first or second pull...I'm constantly amazed. In addition, I installed a "junk" Wisconsin AENLD (that I got because it was stuck) in a White tractor. I loosened it up, put in a set of rings, lapped the valves a bit and that engine has performed great. That AENLD is a GREAT engine! Powerful, easy to start, and never seems to run short of power. The AHH is an animal! I have to get mad at it to pull it thru, but when running it never even wheezes. I have it pushing a heavy 6' grader blade and it's never the engine that quits. I had to make chains for the tires to use all that engine power and it's still tire spin before engine stall. Regarding the governor: My Perrin governor doesn't work, but I think that is due to no hook-up. Over reving an AEH is hard to imagine anyone doing. If you look at the power/torque specs, the AEH is designed for low rpm operation. I use mine at just above idle. A lot of the fun is the engine slowing down but hardly ever dying. A lot of that ability is probably the spring-loaded magneto, but I suggest you use a different engine if you like higher rpm's. All the engines after the AEH ran at more rpm than AEH with more hp...but generally with lower torque. I love torque and don't care much about the hp rating. The ulitmate engine for me, then, is that AHH.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Subscriber

It is not hard to over-rev an AEH or AHH if the governor/carb linkage comes undone, or if the carb throttle plate comes off (I have seen both of these). I have also seen people not used to engines that are supposed to run at 2600 rpm (AEH) or 2200 rpm (AHH) running them at 3000 or 3600. Or coasting down a hill with a load and their mind elsewhere (done this with my Gibson). If yours does need a new governor, check the gears on the cam shaft as well, these are often damaged when the governor flyweight assembly disintegrates.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered-II

Did you get the ottawa with the AEH from shingle springs running?

aeh
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Registered

I am also looking for parts for a Wisconsin S7D engine hoping someone here can help