[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]
Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Marine Engines and Outboard Motors

Notices

Antique Marine Engines and Outboard Motors Discussion on old marine engines, naptha, gas, oil or steam and vintage outboard motors.

Antique Marine Engines and Outboard Motors

Ever heard of Mono outboard?

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 4455 times

Old 02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered-II

Default Ever heard of Mono outboard?

just picked up an old Mono outboard, can't find any info. Are these common-whats their value, I only paid $20. Thanks, TJ
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,458 Times in 809 Posts
Default Re: ever heard of Mono outboard?

Mono Manufacturing Company base out of Springfield Missouri. They got the engines for their outboard marine engines from Tecumpseh. They began there production in 1963. Here is an online book that tels of the Mono. http://books.google.com/books?id=eii...uihs#PPA127,M1

Last edited by JKWidener; 02-16-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Ever heard of Mono outboard?

I live near Springfield MO. The Mono factory was sold out some years ago. There is a machine shop at 2332 East Division in Springfield that has a Mono sign at it entrance. Their phone number is 417-862-9324. I assume you can get some Mono parts there but I DO NOT know if they would have any parts for your outboard.

Kent
Old 02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Subscriber

Years ago I had a Mono chainsaw. It was a beast. Heavy, loud, but boy would it cut. Had a 24" bar and the big chain. I don't know what kind of engine it was. Big two stroke. The carb diaphram went bad and I could never find parts so I gave it away.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

I am somewhat familiar with Mono Mfg. I have a couple Mono chainsaws and I have come upon some information dealing with them. They only made outboard motors for a short time. They had some issues with main shaft from what I was told. I would like to see a photo of your outboard. Is it complete? If not, the only way you could get Mono specific parts is to find a parts motor. Otherwise, the motor and carb could be rebuilt since they didn't make any of that themselves. I scanned in the front of a owner's manual I have. I don't know how many models they made.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc2.doc (70.0 KB, 198 views)
Old 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Hi, I also have an old Mono outboard, all metal and no plastic, so I'm guessing early in thier production?

I think they used Clinton lower units, at least a book mentions that. Might make parts easier, since Clintons are pretty common still.

Anyone have more info? I'm going to start working on this one soon, but want to see if anyone has a manual, parts, anything about these.

Cheers, Dave Curtis